PDA

View Full Version : Chromium doesn't start in NX session

lz1dsb
January 28th, 2013, 10:36 AM
So here's my setup. Pretty simple, I'm accessing my laptop at home over an SSH session, which is also used by NOMachine's NX server. This works fine and there's no issue there. I just noticed in the last couple of days that while I'm logged in over this NX session, I can't use Chromium. When I click over the icon, it starts the animation like it's loading... and than... nothing.
Where should I search for logging information to give me a clue what is going on? I checked /var/log/syslog, but I couldn't find anything related to Chromium. Any ideas?

lz1dsb
January 28th, 2013, 11:00 AM
All right... so I did start the Chromium browser from terminal. Here's the error I get:
[15987:15987:0128/115613:ERROR:gl_surface_linux.cc(58)] GLSurfaceGLX::InitializeOneOff failed.

lz1dsb
February 3rd, 2013, 10:34 AM
It turned out that this is because I had another X session left open where there was already an instance of Chromium. For both sessions (the NX session and the X session) I was using the same user name. So actually when I was starting Chromium from the NX session, it was opening in the normal X session. Solved.