PDA

View Full Version : Nokia Lumina 920 with Ubuntu

userfriendly1992
January 28th, 2013, 03:32 AM
I don't really want a windows mobile phone, but I kind of have to for work. *sigh*

Anyways, at the moment I have iPhone 4, which as everyone should know, is extremely closed source. So no iTunes, no management of my music. However I am curious, Is the Nokia Lumina 920 a phone that I can easily manage my music on Ubuntu? (preferably as easy as drag and drop or copy and pasting files, etc.)

If its not really supported on Ubuntu then what phones are? I have the choice between Galaxy SII, HTC One X, or a Samsung Note. (Would prefer not to use android devices)

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 Precise

rushikesh988
January 28th, 2013, 09:26 AM
I don't really want a windows mobile phone, but I kind of have to for work. *sigh*

Anyways, at the moment I have iPhone 4, which as everyone should know, is extremely closed source. So no iTunes, no management of my music. However I am curious, Is the Nokia Lumina 920 a phone that I can easily manage my music on Ubuntu? (preferably as easy as drag and drop or copy and pasting files, etc.)

If its not really supported on Ubuntu then what phones are? I have the choice between Galaxy SII, HTC One X, or a Samsung Note. (Would prefer not to use android devices)

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 Precise
Yes You can I have searched this before and it works with amarok !
see the thread belowwww.zuneboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23410

josephmills
January 30th, 2013, 10:01 AM
If it runs armel then it will run on Ubuntu Phone

Danny1234
February 1st, 2013, 01:11 PM
Ubuntu have the version for windows phone?

tgalati4
February 1st, 2013, 05:55 PM
Ubuntu will be ported to Windows Phone shortly after they get it working on the Zune.

(No)