PDA

View Full Version : [other] Can't install any Linux on my PC

fancyday07
January 25th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Hello all,
Recently I bought a LSI 9240-8i RAID controller and want to install Ubuntu for dual boot

(I used to install ubuntu before I had the RAID controller)

However, after I inserted the boot media to my PC
it takes a long time to boot, and some error message was shown in the end.

I tried the other linux but no success too.

anyone got the same problem?

please help :sad:

darkod
January 25th, 2013, 06:13 PM
"some error message". It would be much better to post the exact eror message, right? That way people can get an idea what it complained about.

It can be a driver issue, but the cd should load in live mode even if it can't detect any disks.

Also, you didn't specify what version are you using. Desktop or Server? The exact version number?

Did you try googling the error message?

fancyday07
January 26th, 2013, 07:59 AM
"some error message". It would be much better to post the exact eror message, right? That way people can get an idea what it complained about.

It can be a driver issue, but the cd should load in live mode even if it can't detect any disks.

Also, you didn't specify what version are you using. Desktop or Server? The exact version number?

Did you try googling the error message?

Thanks for reply.
I will post the error message later.

For the linux version, I tried few distributions (Fedora / opensuse / ubuntu)

Fedora: live mode can be startes normally, but after installation, it takes a life time for booting (and cannot boot the os)

OpenSUSE: same as the above

Ubuntu: after insert the boot media, it takes a long time to boot, but then the error message (will post later) was shown. I can't even boot to live mode

fancyday07
January 26th, 2013, 05:56 PM
The ubuntu version is 12.04 Desktop 64bit

I attached a photo of the error message. Ubuntu can be boot and installed when the RAID controller removed.

I want to keep the RAID controller as I need an extra and better storage. However, it's frustrated for such situation.

(The firmware of RAID controller was updated to the lastest version, but with no help)
Hardware:
Asus P9X79 pro
Intel 3930k
16GB ram
Asus GTX670
Asus Essence STX
LSI9240-8i

Please help.