PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] LUbuntu Environment Breakage with Android Device

Liukcairo
January 22nd, 2013, 10:23 PM
I've been using Ubuntu for a while but was never around on the forums as the internet and some thinking often solved my problems, however I've stumbled across a recent issue that does not appear to be constant and would not know of the cause.

Just earlier I had plugged in my android phone to my LUbuntu computer to charge, and the moment I had the video on screen spazzed and was distorted in various ways, as shown in the attached picture which had to be taken with a camera as the entire environment had become unresponsive except for the mouse cursor.
As noted I do not know what the cause of this was, and therefore has me left posting in the "Desktop Environments" forums as it's what I saw fit best with my little knowledge of how the OS works internally.

The issue is not constant as the phone has been plugged in before on this system and is not causing problems as I write this very post.

The specs of the LUbuntu system:
Processor: AMD-FX6100
Kernel version: Linux Tye 3.5.0-22-generic #34-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jan 8 21:47:00 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 610, drivers that are provided by NVidia have been installed so the nouveau kernel driver is disabled.
OS Installed: LUbuntu 12.10 (AMD64)
RAM: 8GB

The android phone:
OS version: 2.2.2
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
Model: Samsung Precedent

Beyond that, I'm afraid I can't get any information at the time of the occurance as -everything- was not working for me to try and assess. This serves no more of a purpose than to show some form of a problem was there and hopefully someone can look into it.