PDA

View Full Version : Mountin Ubuntu shares

brent1975
January 21st, 2013, 06:58 PM
Hello I am currently trying to mount a few shares on my Ubuntu Desktop and having a bit of a problem

I have a Ubuntu 12.04 server sitting in the basement that houses all my media, documents etc...

I have a desktop that has Ubuntu 12.04 and I am able to connect to the share manually using the connect to server method. So I was wanting to mount these specific drives so that they would be there even after I reboot the computer.

I did some reading and came up with this method.

I installed samba from the appstore.
I created a few folders in /media called brent,music,movies,www
I opened up /etc/fstab and modified it with adding the following at the bottom

//192.168.2.105/Movies /media/movies smbfs credentials=/etc/samba/cred-file,uid=brent,gid=users 0 0

//192.168.2.105/Music /media/music smbfs credentials=/etc/samba/cred-file,uid=brent,gid=users 0 0

//192.168.2.105/Brent /media/brent smbfs credentials=/etc/samba/cred-file,uid=brent,gid=users 0 0

//192.168.2.105/WWW /media/www smbfs credentials=/etc/samba/cred-file,uid=brent,gid=users 0 0I then created a file in /etc/samba/cred-file and made my credentials.

username=brent
password=mypassword
saved and did a sudo mount-a from terminal and I get 4 password prompts each time I put in the password a drive will mount.

I am used to putting in a password when ever I do anything sudo related but 4 times for each drive seem something is messed up....

I have tried this on a windows box and mounts fine. so I know its not something wrong with my samba server with permissions. It seems that it is not seeing the cred-file for some reason. Any one have an Idea. Open for Ideas or suggestions..

Thank you in advance,

--Brent

This has not been resolved. Took the liberty of solving this and creating one in the Network section.