PDA

View Full Version : OMG, it was really on fire....

jdong
March 20th, 2005, 02:22 PM
A friend who I recently converted from Windows to Ubuntu, logged into AIM last night:

Friend: usblp0: on fire
Jdong: Lol, buggy printer drivers :)
Jdong: It's a humorous catch-all when the USB printer driver doesn't understand the printer
Friend: No, you don't get it.
Friend: It's actually _ON FIRE_

He then sent me a picture.... His printer filled the room with smoke. He was amazed, and commented "Even Windows can't function as a smoke detector"! :D

Buffalo Soldier
March 20th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Must see this picture :)

How the HECK did the fire start? It can't be because of Ubuntu right?

zenwhen
March 20th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Must see this picture :)

How the HECK did the fire start? It can't be because of Ubuntu right?

Linux likes to hurt people. It wanted to eat this Linux user. You can't trust these skeevy developers and their open source agendas. LINUX KILLS. </Microsoft>

jdong
March 20th, 2005, 03:20 PM
I'll try to get my friend to send it again... I've lost that picture. But it was an amazing site....

As to the cause, it's certainly not Linux. It was one of the cheap free printers that come with store-bought systems.

cdhotfire
March 20th, 2005, 03:55 PM
*thinks for a second*
OMG im on a linux. thank god microsoft is here. [-o<
YAY!!!!

hehe, nah jk. Never thouhg id see something like this happen, this is a must see pic.

TravisNewman
March 20th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Haha, that's great. Not for your friend's printer, though.

defkewl
March 21st, 2005, 01:55 AM
Haha, that's kewl. How did the fire started though? Perhaps it's because of short circuit.

akurashy
March 21st, 2005, 07:52 AM
god.. last time something like that happened to me was when i was building my comp, i was sleepy and all and i putted *not noticing* the cord that give the floppy power *i forgot the name in english* in some pins n_n god that was some real fireworks n_n

bored2k
March 21st, 2005, 08:03 AM
god.. last time something like that happened to me was when i was building my comp, i was sleepy and all and i putted *not noticing* the cord that give the floppy power *i forgot the name in english* in some pins n_n god that was some real fireworks n_n
Lol .

Last time I created mayhem -a lot of it- was about 9months ago in a Hardware course. I lit Monitors on fire, Hard drives, Power regulators... boy was that awsome. I still could not beat my best friend, he started unpluggin s#!@7 and by the time we noticed he produced a freaking blackout in our room lol [not that the teacher ever knew it was us :roll: ]

poofyhairguy
March 21st, 2005, 08:04 AM
A friend who I recently converted from Windows to Ubuntu, logged into AIM last night:

He then sent me a picture.... His printer filled the room with smoke. He was amazed, and commented "Even Windows can't function as a smoke detector"! :D

Sounds like he/she needs some Windows to let that smoke out.

I hope this doesn't scare thine friend away.