PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 12.10, no Anyconnect or Davmail icons in sys tray

silverbullet007
January 21st, 2013, 02:20 PM
Fresh 12.10.. installed AnyConnect and Davmail to test using Thunderbird with Exchange.. How does one change the sys tray or panel function in Gnome 3 to display the icons for these two applications?

silverbullet007
January 21st, 2013, 10:03 PM
I should change this to mention that no icons for any other applications that I have installed or are running display in the sys tray area. Have I missed something using Gnome 3? Is this a stupid question that stops the gurus here's from attempting to help on?

silverbullet007
January 23rd, 2013, 03:51 PM
Wow so what sounds like such a simple thing must be very hard or tricky since there's not a single response. C'mon people someone must know what I can do.. I cant be the only person who wants Gnome 3 AND sys tray icons.

silverbullet007
January 30th, 2013, 02:23 PM
No wonder I never keep Ubuntu for long. I always try to make a circle back around after every other release.. mainly to see how things are going but I always have issues getting help. If something as simple as a friggin icon can stump the linux experts around here then I shudder to think of having a REAL problem. FFS at least somebody saying they don't have a clue is better than nothing. Not sure what I've done to **** people off but damn.. please forgive me.
Maybe I should create another account that shows I've never touched Linux even once to get some sort of assistance. Not crossing my fingers..

galfly
March 12th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Hey, did you try topicon extension for GNOME3? Alternatively you can try

gsettings set com.canonical.Unity.Panel systray-whitelist "['AnyConnect', 'Thunderbird']"

and end you session and log back in. I hope this helps.