PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Any Software to detect torrent in network

amir786_z
January 19th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Hi there guys is there any program that detects if other person in a network has applied torrent??
My brother apply torrent and suck up all the bandwidth. When I ask him he totally deny that he applied the torrent. I am sure he apply torrent. So guys is there any simple program that i can use to bust his ***?

elgordodude
January 19th, 2013, 08:43 AM
So guys is there any simple program that i can use to bust his ***?

Well to answer your original question it's a no, with a but, or a yes, and several paragraphs on protocols. The real answer is the answer to your final question. There are network problems and there are people problems. This is a people problem. Use your people skills.

amir786_z
January 23rd, 2013, 02:08 PM
Well to answer your original question it's a no, with a but, or a yes, and several paragraphs on protocols. The real answer is the answer to your final question. There are network problems and there are people problems. This is a people problem. Use your people skills.

No use of my people skills on him. :P. So any software for it ?

jonobr
January 24th, 2013, 01:27 AM
This could and most likely should be blocked at your router.

Research the most used port numbers for bit torrent and block those.

Some routers have the ability in the configuration to block bit torrents specifically.

If this blocks your ability to use bit torrent and that makes you sad, then I have a story for you

Two brother lived in a one bed room place.

One brother complained to the landlord that his brothers large collection of ducks annoyed him.

The landlord asked why this is a problem., to which he responded that it was the smell which awful and the room was so stuffy.

The landlord asked why he would not open a window.

The guy replies, "... and let all my pigeons escape?"