PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] How to add Terminal Emulator and Settings to Menu?

mamamia88
January 17th, 2013, 04:18 PM
How do i get xubuntu settings to show up as individual items in the menu? Also how do i get a shortcut for terminal emulator at the top?

raja.genupula
January 17th, 2013, 04:21 PM
could you explain more about what you want to do with terminal ?

mamamia88
January 17th, 2013, 04:48 PM
could you explain more about what you want to do with terminal ?

Yeah in other distros with xfce on the menu there is an item at the top like "web browser" and "mail reader" that launches your default terminal. I would like that in xubuntu.

mamamia88
January 17th, 2013, 10:09 PM
anybody? don't want to go through settings manager for everything

Frogs Hair
January 18th, 2013, 02:47 AM
I'm not sure I understand because the XFCE session has that option but I don't know if Xubuntu is supposed to or not . You can add new items even a menu from the main menu if needed. Log in the XFCE session and see if it is there as in the screen shot.

mamamia88
January 18th, 2013, 06:04 AM
I'm not sure I understand because the XFCE session has that option but I don't know if Xubuntu is supposed to or not . You can add new items even a menu from the main menu if needed. Log in the XFCE session and see if it is there as in the screen shot.

yep that's what i'm looking for. managed to create the terminal emulator option with alacarte. wonder how to enable that by default in xubuntu

Frogs Hair
January 18th, 2013, 03:43 PM
I have only the session installed on Ubuntu and haven't tried the entire Xubuntu desktop for while.

ccrs8
January 20th, 2013, 05:29 AM
When I installed Xubuntu from scratch, I was given two options upon login - Xubuntu session or XFCE session. I picked the latter because I liked the theme better as a starting off point, and it came with what you are talking about by default. That was Xubuntu 12.04.

Elfy
January 20th, 2013, 10:18 AM
I'm not sure I understand because the XFCE session has that option but I don't know if Xubuntu is supposed to or not . ...Not I believe, it's set by xubuntu-default-settings I believe

yep that's what i'm looking for. managed to create the terminal emulator option with alacarte. wonder how to enable that by default in xubuntuI'm not sure you can - but you should be able to add specific things you want to the menu just as you have with a terminal item.

I could be wrong though, I've never worried too much about menus ;)

Merrattic
January 20th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Settings>Main Menu

Terminal Emulator is in Accessories.

Just drag it up to the the top directory Xfce

Then in the list, drag it / move it up to the top in that top line folder.