PDA

View Full Version : GUI Syncing tool

DoctorMO
July 7th, 2006, 07:43 AM
I've been thinking about syncing tools, one of the only things my linux box doesn't do is sync with my p900 (syncml aside for one second) so the program I would like to see created looks something like this:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/drmo/Harmonist_Main_Panel.png

Rational: when I see kmobiletools direction in their .5 alpha screeenshots it apears they are going down the route of a badly designed palm desktop clone, trying to intergrate a massive amount of functionality unrelated features mearly because it has something to do with a mobile device. the above attempt to be a gui to allow you to create powerful syncing configurations which would allow you to automate and easily deal with many kinds of syncing.

questions and critism welcome, or even plain hysterical laughing.

DoctorMO
July 7th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Prod

DoctorMO
July 7th, 2006, 08:46 PM
I've read the thread of zero reply threads but this is getting silly, I mean only one thread in 10 got any meaningful replies. do I bore you all that much?!

I would have at least expected someone to comment on something, anything about how they do syncing or perhaps on what tools they use. It apears this community is not suseptable to ideas or even the idea of discusing solutions to problems, perhaps it's more of a users forum than an engeneers forum.

](*,) :-k

raptros-v76
July 7th, 2006, 08:51 PM
nah. we're just lazy. um. palm pilot? i wouldnt know about that. you know, that may be the problem, if youve been asking about palm pilot stuff, i dont know how many people have them.

Brunellus
July 7th, 2006, 09:40 PM
perhaps you should take the icy silence as an idication of just how few users/consumers actually bother to sync their mobile devices?

DoctorMO
July 7th, 2006, 10:47 PM
That is good point, it doesn't mean more users wouldn't sync their devices should they need to.

I only have my Ubuntu machine now, my Mac died so I have no choice but to get the syncing to work some how.

Also I've seen a few times people have mentioned that they keep windows partitions for syncing their phone, palm or ipod.