PDA

View Full Version : change "aero snap" guide color

FERdeBOER
January 16th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Hi to all.

I admitt my question may be already solved, or have an easy solution, but I've failed searching for it, as I don't know what terms do I have to use to search it :confused:

I've configured my kde desktop and I'm very happy with it, but, when doing the "aero snap" thing, the transparent "guide" it creates to show you how the window shape will be has become white and almost invisible.
Where's the option to change it?
I've made a lot of searches both in English and Spanish and changed some values in the settings with no joy. Again, is very probable I just don't know how this setting is called.

I put a photo to show you what do I want to change. In the photo the guide is clearly seen because is against a dark background, but when in front of, let's say, the browser, becomes almost invisible.

Thanks in advance :)

Jakin
January 16th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Colour Scheme will change it :)

system settings> application appearance> colors.

You'll want to change the color i have highlighted in the preview below "background selection".

FERdeBOER
January 16th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Thank you for your help, but that doesn't do what I was looking for... :(
That changes the color when you select something. In my case that was set up as green, so it isn't the one I'm looking for.

I've tried changing all the white/grey/light grey color options and nothing...

Jakin
January 16th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Hmm, i was thinking it was linked to the rectangle select colour, but you right, it doesn't effect the colour shown when in snap mode... im looking all over the colour scheme options and i don't see anything..

Update: After searching high and low, i think that particular colour, might be hard coded into the theme itself, and not a setting KDE can change. I never noticed it before, but now it seriously bothers me..

FERdeBOER
January 19th, 2013, 01:02 PM
OK, I've asked on KDE forums and found the solution.

http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=109658

That part is controlled from the desktop theme, so that's what I had to change. I haven't found the specific value for it, but there are a lot of themes, so I found one I liked and didn't have to change anything.

I'll change this as solved.