PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation problems after after changing my video card with an amd hd 6570

cresr
January 13th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Hi, after changing my video card to amd hd 6570 it's not possible to install Ubuntu anymore

On windows (8), everything is just fine. my new video card works perfectly and I have no problem with anything about it.

then when I try to boot from ubuntu (or any other Linux) to install it) with wubi or with usb everything goes like this:
1) Grub screen...no problem at all, colors are just fine everything looks okay

2) and then Ubuntu's boot screen...weird background color, over the backround there are vertical stripes of red-orange dots.

3) desktop is about to start but * vertical stripes of red colored dots are all over the unity screen*. then when I click on ubuntu's menu, it usually switches to black screen saying something about "panic occured"...and then it restarts or it gives no respond at all.

problems started after I started using amd hd 6570 video card on my asus m5a78lm-lx mainboard which has amd phenom II X4 processor on it.

again, I'm writing on Windows 8 right now and everything works and looks perfect. so far I've only updated bios.

*on virtual box Ubuntu works fine.*

fady_fod
January 13th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Hi, after changing my video card to amd hd 6570 it's not possible to install Ubuntu anymore

On windows (8), everything is just fine. my new video card works perfectly and I have no problem with anything about it.

then when I try to boot from ubuntu (or any other Linux) to install it) with wubi or with usb everything goes like this:
1) Grub screen...no problem at all, colors are just fine everything looks okay

2) and then Ubuntu's boot screen...weird background color, over the backround there are vertical stripes of red-orange dots.

3) desktop is about to start but * vertical stripes of red colored dots are all over the unity screen*. then when I click on ubuntu's menu, it usually switches to black screen saying something about "panic occured"...and then it restarts or it gives no respond at all.

problems started after I started using amd hd 6570 video card on my asus m5a78lm-lx mainboard which has amd phenom II X4 processor on it.

again, I'm writing on Windows 8 right now and everything works and looks perfect. so far I've only updated bios.

*on virtual box Ubuntu works fine.*
This is the same problem that I have with amd 6570M, Anyway I couldn't solve it. I tried all the solutions but all went in vain .
1- Updating bios. Dots still exists.
2- Installing all kind of AMD drivers and all versions of Fglrx.
However I installed Linux Mint 13 with mate and It worked with nomodeset in grub. fan is suiciding ! and the Laptop may get really HOT . but if you won't play 3D games and if mate would fit your needs then Mint will be the best solution.
BUT first try nomodeset in Ubuntu it may work, It didn't work with Ubuntu in my case.
Average CPU temperature : 65c. and Mate is one of the fastest DEs.

cresr
January 13th, 2013, 12:54 PM
well should I report it?