PDA

View Full Version : ubuntu 12.04

waltwin
January 12th, 2013, 10:21 PM
I upgraded my machine from 10.10 to 12.04 via a fresh install. I noticed that I started to receive messages that I was off line. The duration before connecting was about three minutes and increased until I was unable to log on at all.

I reinstalled 10.10 and the problem went away. Is this a known problem with 12.04 and is there a fix for it other than going back to 10.10?

Thank you for any assistance.

waltwin

offgridguy
January 13th, 2013, 01:32 AM
I upgraded my machine from 10.10 to 12.04 via a fresh install. I noticed that I started to receive messages that I was off line. The duration before connecting was about three minutes and increased until I was unable to log on at all.

I reinstalled 10.10 and the problem went away. Is this a known problem with 12.04 and is there a fix for it other than going back to 10.10?

Thank you for any assistance.

waltwin
Not familiar with a problem like this, but i have solved some issues by doing a complete removal and reinstall, sometimes using a different install media.

waltwin
January 13th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Not familiar with a problem like this, but i have solved some issues by doing a complete removal and reinstall, sometimes using a different install media.
I'm not sure what you mean by a different install media!

Frogs Hair
January 13th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Did you run a checksum to make sure the iso was not corrupt after download? This helps to ensure the installation media (disc or usb) works properly
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

Providing some information about the internet connection type might be helpful also . I have had no problems with wired connections while using Ubuntu but some users have had problems with wireless drivers.