PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Asus EEE-Box 202 graphics help needed

maestrobwh1
January 12th, 2013, 05:02 PM
EDIT : after doing significant research, I found that there seems to be a bug with the i915 driver BUT none of my finds seemed to have a specific solution. SO I GUESS THE BETTER QUESTION IS: has anyone gotten 12.04 or 12.10 successfully installed and satisfactorily performing Intel Atom paired with the GMA 945 machine and what specifically did you do as a workaround to have usable install?

Original Post:
I have lucid on this machine currently running a backported maverick kernel. I have been wanting to install Precise, and I remember this issue happening with oneric... the screen boots pinkish and green with kernels 3.x starting with the boot splash all the way up to the desktop. The card is an intel GMA945 tiled to the Atom processor. Although the resolution is correct, it pretty much looks like crap on the screen.

Ideas? I tried booting with xforcevesa, but I got the same issue. It happens with Kubuntu and Lubuntu, and even Linux mint.

Trying either Kubuntu or Ubuntu 12.10 gives a different issue. I have to use nomodeset at boot or the live images drop to busybox. The color issue is gone:-/. I fear if install it, I will be stuck with that issue.

Is there a boot opttion I can use to get the proper resolution out of my GMA945?