PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] disk benchmark produces error

ventrical
January 12th, 2013, 01:37 AM
The disk benchmarker produces an error when attempting a read access rate.

Doug S
January 12th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Is there a corresponding entry or entries in /var/log/kern.log? If yes, could you post it / them. Also, in your screen shot the pop up window partly blocks the disk information in the background window. What is the disk type and size and such? Is your issue repeatable? If yes, is it always at the same spot, or random?

ventrical
January 12th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Is there a corresponding entry or entries in /var/log/kern.log? If yes, could you post it / them. Also, in your screen shot the pop up window partly blocks the disk information in the background window. What is the disk type and size and such? Is your issue repeatable? If yes, is it always at the same spot, or random?

There is no information in the background.

There is no infor added in /var/log/kern.log.

I just upgraded this install yesterday .. so new Raring upgrade.

ventrical
January 12th, 2013, 10:52 PM
attatch

cariboo
January 12th, 2013, 11:18 PM
I tried running the benchmark yesterday when I saw this thread, I get a udisk error when trying to run it, I haven't investigated further as of yet.

ventrical
January 12th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Thanks cariboo. There is nothing in the voluminous kernel logs but some quark activity with usb stuff etc... basically the upgrade from quantal to raring on this machine broke a few depends 'somewhere" because cheese web cam is not working either and I tired backgrading different kernels, but to no avail .. so I backed up all my pics , etc and will let it sit until some other big update comes along.