PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Razer Mamba 2012 Edition

Spewed
January 10th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Thinking about getting back into Ubuntu, after the emergence of Windows 8 and subsequent rape, I feel it necessary to distance myself for Microsoft further. Currently, I only use Microsoft for games.. However, the only mouse that I have currently is in fact, a gaming mouse. The Razer Mamba 2012 edition.

With that being said I've done some searching through older threads and found people having issues with the Razer Mamba in general, particularly a scrolling issue. Aside from that, there doesn't appear to be any apparent drivers for the mouse, rendering it essentially useless, correct?

My question is that since those threads were so old and unresolved, is.. Has their been any sort of resolution for this mouse? Or has it gone with the wind? I'd like to get back with Ubuntu, but my main complaint before hand was that no software developers, publishers, etc support Linux and it was a huge hassle getting everything in working order with my set up. It seems to be that will still be the case, at least with the mouse. I remember how to set everything else up. Now I'm just wondering if the mouse will be garnering the same results? So anyone who might have the Razer Mamba and using it with Ubuntu please feel free to share your thoughts, and the overall experience and potential work around to past issues. It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Spewed
January 11th, 2013, 02:55 AM
Bump. :D

kostazs
March 3rd, 2013, 05:29 PM
Mamba owners ! where are you !? :confused: