PDA

View Full Version : Do you Air crack Wifi's in Hotel?

honeybear
January 8th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Hello, I was seeing youtube videos about Aircrack, and was wondering if some already air - cracked on trip,... in hotels some Wifis. It is said that it is always possible to find some wifis pretty vulnerable.

Already done?
;)

Oh, I attach you one youtube vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwF79vfBhmA

haqking
January 8th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Hello, I was seeing youtube videos about Aircrack, and was wondering if some already air - cracked on trip,... in hotels some Wifis. It is said that it is always possible to find some wifis pretty vulnerable.

Already done?
;)

Oh, I attach you one youtube vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwF79vfBhmA

Cracking any wifi that doesnt belong to you is mostly illegal.

Hotel WIFI is likely to be free if you are staying there, if not then pay for it ;-)

And that video shows someone doing nothing apart from typing in notepad about how to select a unlocked network...LOL

Peace

MG&TL
January 8th, 2013, 11:26 PM
No, but hotel wifi security is usually rubbish. For example, web-based login based on your MAC address.

So no, I haven't, but I can't imagine it's hard.

jonobr
January 8th, 2013, 11:28 PM
I find it interesting that the smaller hotels of lesser quality usually offer free wifi and the big expensive hotels charge.
I would say they "nickel and dime" you , but it costs a lot more then a nickel or a dime.
I spent a weekend in the Ritz Carlton Half Moon bay , California to treat the missus.
I thought after the amount I spent on the room , wifi would be gratis.
How wrong I was.

Anyway, my upbringing was pretty strict on this.
If I am getting something that I should have paid for and I didn't pay for it and I know it, I am stealing.

Thanks mom......

GreenTaurus
January 8th, 2013, 11:29 PM
I cracked mom's wifi when she forgot the password once -- its not difficult at all. I only choose hotels with free wifi to avoid such questionable practices as hacking when I'm not at work.

Sef
January 8th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Locked for illegal activity.

From the Ubuntu Code of Conduct 1-2:

Adult Content, Violence, Illegal Activity: Messages containing violent, sexually oriented, or illegal content or links to sites with this content will either be deleted or saved in the Jail as evidence. Messages with links to or suggesting illegal activity will also be deleted. Posting or linking to any of these could result in a ban.