PDA

View Full Version : Xbmcbuntu Install/Uninstall Issues

Kroobie
January 6th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Hi All,

Please beware almost complete Linux amateur here, but keen to learn and thoroughly confused at the moment.

I'm working on a Zotac Zbox AD04-8 which i was planning to setup as a media center running XBMC and a few other basic admin programs.

XBMCbuntu seemed like the perfect choice but upon what seemed like a problem free installation i realized i wanted a full OS behind, with all the bundled programs and services.

While i was looking around the back end of the XBMCbuntu, i opened something, i think it was synaptic package manager, which asked me to do a load of updates, which i duly did.

Since then i have downloaded the full Ubuntu iso, 12.10, made a boot USB and tried doing the install as i had the previous OS.

This didn't work as planned, just didn't boot from the disk, i went back and tried top get into the bios to change the boot order, but i haven't found anywhere that says definitely what key i need to press, but anything i try (esc, F1, f11, f12, ctrl+Alt+f1 etc) brings up the same list of 'code' including the following bits that look out of the ordinary:

'Failed to load file amd-ucode/microcode_amd.bin'
'rpcbing: Cannot open "/run/rpcbind/portmap.xdr" file for reading error 2'
'unable to load LIRC kernel modules. Verify your selected kernel module in /etc/lirc/hardware.conf' (highlighted in red).

I would be great to get all that fixed up and boot from the usb as planned, but all i would really like is to wipe the lot and start again if that is easier!

any help would be amazing.

Thanks in advance!!

Kroobie