PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Theming & Tweaks

bman
January 5th, 2013, 08:11 AM
I am trying to get this theme installed.

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=148398

I copied the content into the folder, but nothing happened.

Also, there was a sudo apt-get install command (i forget what it is now), but that couldn't find the package.

Anyone know how I can install this theme?

Ubuntu 12.04, Unity.

Also, I saw in a few different screenshots, that the people have there devices/mounted drives in nautilus on the bottom instead of the top. How do I accomplish this?

Frogs Hair
January 5th, 2013, 04:13 PM
The apt-get install command won't work unless you are trying to install the theme via a PPA repository which includes that theme.

I have had that theme installed and there is more than one theme in the folder. Extract the individual themes from the parent folder before moving them to .themes of usr/share/themes.

To use the second location which will make the themes available to all users use the following in the terminal.
gksudo nautilus

Frogs Hair
January 5th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Below is a themes PPA.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/themes
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mediterraneannight-gtk-theme

Source: http://www.webupd8.org/2012/12/2-beautiful-dark-themes-for-gtk-36-or.html

bman
January 5th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Awesome that worked like a charm.

My second question?

Frogs Hair
January 5th, 2013, 08:34 PM
I have not tried to change the order of the mounted drives and have no way of knowing what version of Nautilus was in use in the screen-shots. Nautilus features have changed in the last few versions.

sigurnjak
January 6th, 2013, 06:33 PM
I believe screenshots you are mentioning are 12.10 .

Frogs Hair
January 6th, 2013, 07:03 PM
I am unable to drag and drop side pane items in 12.10 . I had done this in earlier versions of Nautilus at least with folders.

bman
January 6th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Oh well, that is too bad.

Wasen't all that important, just interesting.