PDA

View Full Version : Digital signatures and stamps in a PDF

hambone79
January 4th, 2013, 09:43 PM
I am trying to go completely paperless in a small engineering office and I need to find a solution to signing and stamping technical drawings. Our current process is to print out a drawing, have it signed by the senior engineer and engineering manager, then the drawing is stamped as approved for production and scanned back to PDF. What I would like to do is have the senior engineer and engineering manager sign the drawings digitally then add a stamp that can be modified with the current date. Also, I would like for the digital signature to appear as a real signature, but embed all of the encrypted authentication data into the document (similar to the digital IDs in Adobe Acrobat).

Does anyone know if there is a free/inexpensive program that can do this? We are trying to avoid paying $300/seat for Adobe Acrobat.

PaulInBHC
January 5th, 2013, 03:38 AM
A couple of years ago I googled for just such a thing. I found an article written a few years ago with different programs and instructions. I then found a freeware, probably at CNET, a way to make a signature in Windows Paint and then a free pdf program to paste it on a signature line. Sorry that I don't have the names any more but to let you know that it does exist, at least for Windows.

Edit to add, I don't know about the encrypting. I didn't need to worry about it.