PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Travel Battery not charging

Twohanzos
January 3rd, 2013, 04:19 PM
Hi friendly Ubuntu-Community. First off, happy new year!

My HP ProBook 6465b (ubuntu 12.04) has not been charging my Travel Battery since this morning. I usually let the laptop charge both the main and travel battery overnight, so that I can take the laptop to university and not have to worry about my charge. But since this morning, the Battery Applet shows the following:
When Travel Battery is not present: Main battery (charge, time to...)
When Travel Battery IS plugged in: Main Battery, Travel Battery (not present)
Also, when clicking on the Battery (leading me to Power Statistics) it states the folllowing for the Travel Battery:
Present: Yes
Rechargaeble: Yes
Energy: 0
Time to full: 0
Unplugging the AC causes the main battery symbol to switch to decharging (time to...) and the Travel Battery symbol to turn red and still read (not present)
Thanks for the support!
BTW: I already did a BIOS return to defaults, changed nothing.

EDIT: Nothing happened to the Notebook such as falling or water damage etc...

adityamagadi
January 3rd, 2013, 04:50 PM
did you try upgrading your bios? when did you install ubuntu 12.04?

Twohanzos
January 3rd, 2013, 10:58 PM
did you try upgrading your bios? when did you install ubuntu 12.04?
Umh, I'm not sure how, plus, I'm not sure as to how exactly that would change anything, I mean, the battery just suddenly stopped working. I installed Ubuntu 12.04 as soon as I got this laptop, so about two months ago. I got it from my father as a present, it was his worknotebook, so the warranty is already over since about 2-3 months...
How would upgrading the BIOS help? How would I go about doing this, I know that HP's BIOS system is a little different from the other's...
Thank you for your support!

adityamagadi
January 4th, 2013, 09:13 AM
well it maybe the case where you have updated your system using the update manager which includes lots of power optimisation modules , i had faced a similar issue on my acer i upgraded bios in order to support the upgrades. So i definitely feel upgrading your BIOS is worth a while :)

if you are running a dual boot windows 7 you could try this !!
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00007682&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en

Twohanzos
January 4th, 2013, 10:52 AM
well it maybe the case where you have updated your system using the update manager which includes lots of power optimisation modules , i had faced a similar issue on my acer i upgraded bios in order to support the upgrades. So i definitely feel upgrading your BIOS is worth a while :)

if you are running a dual boot windows 7 you could try this !!
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00007682&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en

My computers are windows-free :)

adityamagadi
January 4th, 2013, 06:06 PM
ha ha great , you could still flash and upgrade your bios :)