PDA

View Full Version : Ever Found Yourself In A Fellow Forum Members Back Room ?

BlinkinCat
January 3rd, 2013, 01:30 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if this happens to others too, and not just me. Three times in the last week I have accidently pushed a fellow forum member's "button" instead of the thread name located immediately alongside.

Of course I have ended up in their "rear room" and as a result show up as a recent visitor. I find this embarassing as it is never my intention to intrude. The answer of course is to be more careful in guiding my pointer.

So if you come across me as a recent visitor, kindly accept my apology as my being there may well have been accidental. Have any more of you been an "accidental visitor" as I have ? I was thinking of posting this thread in the forum feedback and help to see what the moderators view on the subject was.

Cheers - :)

ojdon
January 3rd, 2013, 01:42 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if this happens to others too, and not just me. Three times in the last week I have accidently pushed a fellow forum member's "button" instead of the thread name located immediately alongside.

Of course I have ended up in their "rear room" and as a result show up as a recent visitor. I find this embarassing as it is never my intention to intrude. The answer of course is to be more careful in guiding my pointer.

So if you come across me as a recent visitor, kindly accept my apology as my being there may well have been accidental. Have any more of you been an "accidental visitor" as I have ? I was thinking of posting this thread in the forum feedback and help to see what the moderators view on the subject was.

Wait...? What's the problem with visiting someone's public profile? ;)

haqking
January 3rd, 2013, 01:45 PM
That thread title has so many connotations, I didn't quite know what to expect by reading this LOL

BlinkinCat
January 3rd, 2013, 01:49 PM
Wait...? What's the problem with visiting someone's public profile? ;)

Now that makes sense - maybe I have been concerned over nothing. I guess I feel that in some way I am "snooping" and the User in question may wonder what I am doing there - I guess it does sound a bit silly.

In any case, as I have said, if anyone has come across me as a recent visitor it may have been accidental. - :p

BlinkinCat
January 3rd, 2013, 01:52 PM
That thread title has so many connotations, I didn't quite know what to expect by reading this LOL

Hi Haqking, I am really embarassed now, I truly am an old dodderer lol - :)

Transhumanist
January 3rd, 2013, 01:53 PM
Hi,

That's OK. We're all friends here, so all our rear rooms are public. It's only bad if you don't have permission.

howefield
January 3rd, 2013, 01:55 PM
I guess I feel that in some way I am "snooping" and the User in question may wonder what I am doing there - I guess it does sound a bit silly.

Profile settings allow a fair degree of customising in what members allow others to see depending on the category of visitor.

Look on visiting a fellow members page as a friendly act rather than a snooping one.

Now to go and see BlinkinCats page :-)

ojdon
January 3rd, 2013, 01:58 PM
The forum doesn't really ask for much required information anyway. Just like social networks, most information you have to physically input yourself, if someone didn't want you to read anything personal, they wouldn't have submitted it in the first place.

BlinkinCat
January 3rd, 2013, 02:01 PM
That's OK. We're all friends here, so all our rear rooms are public. It's only bad if you don't have permission.

Thanks for that - :p

Profile settings allow a fair degree of customising in what members allow others to see depending on the category of visitor.

Look on visiting a fellow members page as a friendly act rather than a snooping one.

Now to go and see BlinkinCats page :-)

Thanks howefield - Everyone is welcome to visit my profile page - I guess that is the point.

BlinkinCat
January 3rd, 2013, 02:03 PM
The forum doesn't really ask for much required information anyway. Just like social networks, most information you have to physically input yourself, if someone didn't want you to read anything personal, they wouldn't have submitted it in the first place.

Another good point ojdon - you have all put my mind to rest. Thank you - :p

howefield
January 3rd, 2013, 02:17 PM
Closed as requested.