PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 12.10 in fujitsu stylistic tablet q550- problem installing

srinivrk1
January 3rd, 2013, 10:41 AM
Hi Ubuntu members,

I am an ubuntu newbie and this is the first time i am attempting to switch from windows to ubuntu. I own a fujitsu q550 and due to frustration from the slowness of windows 7 in it, i attempted to install ubuntu 12.10 in it using a USB stick. Was pleasantly surprised that it recognised the touch screen and stylus right away and proceeded to install. I formatted the entire drive (30gb ssd) and proceeded with a clean installation. After completing the install, upon reboot, the tablet just froze.. Never progressed beyond starting configure virtual network drives (ok) and no change with restarting the tablet as well. Sometimes, freezes at starting userspace bootsplash.

What is wrong? I am not a computer/linux expert, but an end user. I am sure the community members understand what is wrong. Does the tablet support linux installation at all? I am unable to find any affirmative help on the internet with this specific issue as well.

I would love to try ubuntu in my tablet by all means. Kindly let me know if this is a support issue/hardware issue/software issue and how to rectify it.
Is there any other linux distribution that i should try instead?
Please help. I am desperate and stuck with a non functional tablet pc.

Thanks all in advance.