PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Malys-rough-right

kabukiM0n0
January 2nd, 2013, 06:54 PM
Is there any way too make Malys rough right GTK+ theme top bar icons. Specifically the system tray ones smaller?

Cheers.

K.m

Frogs Hair
January 2nd, 2013, 10:35 PM
What desktop environment and have you tried other icon sets ? The theme can be used in different DEs. In the Gnome Shell the icons appear quite small yet the panel is rather wide.

kabukiM0n0
January 3rd, 2013, 04:08 PM
What desktop environment and have you tried other icon sets ? The theme can be used in different DEs. In the Gnome Shell the icons appear quite small yet the panel is rather wide.

I'm using gnome classic and yup I have tried different icons, yet they all still end up leaving the top bar with huge icons.

Frogs Hair
January 3rd, 2013, 06:26 PM
The icons are not enlarged while using Malys-rough-right or left in Unity or Classic on my 12.10 installation. The theme is has a Gnome 3.6(12.10) and 3.4(12.04)version so make sure you are using the correct version.

If it were a screen resolution problem all the applications would appear large or magnified.

kabukiM0n0
January 4th, 2013, 02:07 PM
I'm using 12.04, in the .theme folder there is a gtk 2.0 and gtk 3.0 option, at least it said it was 12.04 compatible when I installed it.

It's not a screen resolution problem.

First screenshot is how my top bar icons normally look. And the second one is with Malys-rough-right.
Maybe it's just part of the theme, and there meant look like that?

Frogs Hair
January 4th, 2013, 07:22 PM
I think it is the panel artwork with the dark recessed areas that accounts for the panel thickness. I was unable to reduce the thickness to under 25 pixels from panel properties in classic. You may be able to reduce panel size from panel properties.