PDA

View Full Version : Compiz animation add on problem.

ThePsychonaut
January 2nd, 2013, 04:41 AM
I'm still a newbie when it comes to linux so please use simple answers haha. I have been trying to set up compiz I can not get the burn, snow, or any other add on for it. I have tried "sudo apt-get install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra" and it says it can not locate the package. In every forum and thread I found for similar issues it says to enable "animation add-ons" for some reason, I don't even have this option. I have tried runnting the command "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:compiz/ppa" followed by "sudo apt-get update". To see if that would solve the problem. That did nothing to help either. Everything else in compiz is working though.

Frogs Hair
January 2nd, 2013, 09:10 PM
Hello and Welcome

Some of the extra plug-ins are no longer maintained on newer versions of Ubuntu. I think the package you are looking either compiz-plugins-extra or compiz-plugins. I have the water effect and fire listed in the CCSM.

linux.girl
February 20th, 2013, 03:17 PM
I am having a similar issue: yesterday I upgraded from 12.04 to 12.10 (both 64 bit) - I used to have the cool airplane effect on compiz, but now it is gone. The Animations Add-On is also gone. I have both compiz-plugins-extra and compiz-plugins installed, but still no animation add-on appearing and no airplane. I still have the regula animations, i.e., the magic lamp, etc.

Any ideas how I can get the airplane back? Is it really no longer supported?

Thanks,

linux.girl

jeremy5
August 30th, 2013, 03:56 PM
I'm having the exact same issue: I'm using ubuntu 12.10 64-bit.
I've used sudo apt-get compiz-plugins-extra, everything is updated, rebooted, and no Animation Add-On is appearing.