PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu on Lenovo X230T

Orieste
January 1st, 2013, 06:40 PM
Hi,

I'll soonly by the laptop Lenovo X230T with the following description (sorry for the french):

Description

ThinkPad X230 Tablet - 3 Yr Depot Warranty Modifier Processeur:Processeur Intel Core i7-3520M (3M Cache, jusqu'à 3,30 GHz) avec carte graphique Intel HD Graphics 4000 Modifier Système d'exploitation:Windows 7 Home Premium Authentique Modifier Langue du système d'exploitation:Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Français Modifier Type d'affichage:Ecran LED 12,5 pouces HD multipoints (1366x768), Antenne 2x2, prêt pour le haut débit mobile Modifier Système graphique:Intel® HD Graphics 4000 Modifier Mémoire totale:Mémoire 8 Go DDR3 - 1600MHz (2 DIMM) Modifier Clavier:Clavier ThinkPad Precision - US Anglais avec symbole € Modifier Système de pointage:UltraNav™ with TrackPoint® and buttonless multi-touchpad Modifier Lecteur d'emprintes digitales:Lecteur d'empreintes digitales Modifier Webcam:Caméra HD 720 p Modifier Disque dur:Disque dur 320 Go, 7200 tpm Modifier Batterie:Batterie ThinkPad 52+ (6 cellules) Modifier Cordon d'alimentation:Adaptateur 65W AC Europe Modifier Bluetooth:Bluetooth 4.0 Modifier Adaptateur WiFi sans fil:Intel Centrino sans fil-N 2200 (2x2 BGN) Modifier Réseau 3G intégré:Module 3G prêt - non activé. Upgradable Modifier Langue:Pack de langues Europe (FR/GE/IT/IT/DU/EN)
My question is: is it easy to install Ubuntu on this laptop? And is it everything working fine? I looked a little bit on the web and some of the comments are in contradiction.
I'll really need to use Ubuntu in fact (I use to work on ROOT-CERN with a home-made program deviation on it done for Linux) so it's very important for me to know if I'll have troubles or not if I buy this laptop (in order to choose an other one).

Thanks for the support and sorry if this answer was already given elsewhere.

Favux
January 1st, 2013, 08:57 PM
Hi Orieste,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

You should be able to get pretty much everything working: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2074106

And the X220t thread should also help: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1785015

Orieste
January 2nd, 2013, 01:57 AM
Thank you Favux,

So, I'm not the only one concerned about it! I'm so happy that Ubuntu works fine on X230T!!!!
The last post of the discussion that you sent me is a resume, right? Everything is correct? If yes, then, it seems I just have to buy the X230T :D

O.

Linuxisfast
January 2nd, 2013, 04:28 AM
Please install TLP http://linrunner.de/en/tlp/tlp.html It is made for your laptop and will bring battery consumption at par with Windows.

Favux
January 2nd, 2013, 04:34 AM
The last post of the discussion that you sent me is a resume, right? Everything is correct?
Yes, Dustpaw was nice enough to post a little tutorial of what he did to get things working for him. As far as I can tell everything in the tutorial looks good.

Orieste
January 6th, 2013, 04:49 PM
About TLP why is it interesting for my laptop? It says:

"TLP is a power management tool for Linux. It brings you the benefits of advanced power management without the need to understand every technical detail."

Ok, but I'll like to understand a little bit what is going to change on my laptop.

Thanks again!