PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Remote desktop (VNC) get extremly slow

Azyx
December 31st, 2012, 12:20 PM
Just before X-mas my VNC client on Ubuntu 10.04LTS - command vinagre %U, to a vino-server (Ubuntu 12.04LTS) in my home network (bedroom to living-room). I have a Core Duo 2,4 GHz with 4GB RAM on the 10.04LTS and AMD E450 2x1,6GHz with APU on the server and booth of the processors reach approximatly 50% and it get very, very slow to controll the 12.04 desktop. My home-network are Gigabit, and transmitting file with approximatly 30Mbyte/s (~300Mbits/s), so the network work as before.

I see on the Ubuntu 12.04LTS on my laptop do not have vinagre any more as default VNC-viewer, and when I try to connect with the default VNC-viewer, it does not scale. My vnc-server has 1080x1920 and my laptop have 800x1280, so I only see a part of the screen, even If I under set Horizonal- Vertical-scale to 0.6 or leave it to fit page under the tab Advanced.

Maybe Ubuntu don't upport vinagre-vino any more?

If I use my laptop 12.04 build in client I choose 'VNC-VirtualNetwork computing as protocol. Not RDP.

I also have a home network with samba-share, configured via smb.conf, and that works well

/Cheers

PS. Seems like it is some error with Unity because Mate work as before. Mate is quiker, but when I move a windows, some part of the window stuck in the old place until I move somthing over it.