PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube and wii games to recommend?

weasel fierce
December 25th, 2012, 08:51 PM
I recently got a wii as a freebie, so may as well get some fun out of it. Im mostly interested in RPG's, turn based games (ala Front Mission and Final Fantasy tactics) and maybe some FPS stuff. Anything to recommend?

doorknob60
December 25th, 2012, 11:25 PM
I recommend the 3 Zelda games: Twilight Princess (Wii/GC), Skyward Sword (Wii), and Wind Waker (GC). Also, the Super Mario Galaxy games are great. Also, Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door is a great unique RPG based in the Mario timeline, one of my favorites in the genre actually.

3rdalbum
December 26th, 2012, 01:23 AM
My favourites; note most of these are not traditional Nintendo franchises.

Disaster: Day of Crisis
Ghostbusters
Band Hero
Bully
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Medal of Honor: Vanguard
Need For Speed Nitro
Sam and Max Season 1
Sonic Colours
Wii Sports Resort
Zelda: Skyward Sword
De Blob 2
Mario Kart Wii

forrestcupp
December 26th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Definitely play the Zelda games. I'm still playing through Skyward Sword for the first time right now.

Jakin
December 26th, 2012, 03:02 AM
I second Ghostbusters Wii, it is quite fun :)

If you like NFS, Carbon was for GC, and ported to Wii with widescreen, and using motion steering.
Zelda Twilight, was for GC, and ported to wii in much the same way, wide/motion. (so for those games, if you don't like motion, GC version is standard controller, but lacking 16:9)

GC: Luigi's Mansion, Rayman 3, Fzero GX, Starfox Assault, Metal Arms Glitch in the System, Metal Gear Solid, Star Wars Rouge Squadron II, Timesplitters 2, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart Double Dash, Soul Calibur 2, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Zelda Windwaker, NFS most wanted.

Wii: Conduit 1/2, Metroid Trilogy, Metroid Other M, Zelda Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy 1/2, New Mario Bros., Rayman Origins, Kirby Return to Dreamland, Sonic Colors, Animal Crossing, World of Goo, Lost Winds, Bit.trip collection, Geometry Wars Galaxies, Donkey Country Returns, Mario Kart, Ultimate Shooting Collection, Pikmin 1/2, Warioland Shake it! Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands.

VC: well theres no need to list, we all know of it, don't forget the wii an do it, is all :)

Okay... so most of this list sounds nothing special, its what most might list... but there it is.

zer010
December 26th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Don't know about Wii games, but as far as the GC side is concerned you should check out Eternal Darkness. To date, it is one of the most original adventure games in the "horror" genre. The use of the sanity mechanic will keep you on your toes through most of the game.

JDShu
December 27th, 2012, 01:58 AM
+1 for paper mario: the thousand year door.

forrestcupp
December 27th, 2012, 03:50 PM
+1 for paper mario: the thousand year door.
Lol. A lot of people seem to love Paper Mario. In my opinion, it needs to die a slow death and never be thought of again. :)

doorknob60
December 27th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Lol. A lot of people seem to love Paper Mario. In my opinion, it needs to die a slow death and never be thought of again. :)

Nah, those games are great! The GC and N64 ones at least. Super Paper Mario isn't as bad as some say, but it's way different, and I haven't played Sticker Star, but I love the first two :D