PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] graphics card problem

mickynuu
December 24th, 2012, 12:14 PM
hi ive installed ubuntu 12-04 on a hp envy sleekbook 6 everything seems to work fine apart from the amd graphics card ive downloaded a driver from support page but i still get a amd watermark in the bottom right hand of screen saying amd unsupported hardware there is one updated driver i cant download keep getting an error message any ideas ??this is the error message if that helps Sorry, the installation of this driver failed.

Please have a look at the log file for details: /var/log/jockey.log but i cant find where to look at this

zvacet
December 25th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Did you tried to install propriety driver from software sources> addition drivers?

mickynuu
December 25th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Did you tried to install propriety driver from software sources> addition drivers?
yes i did that thats where i get the message ive tried amd driver page but there u have to install the drivers they only seem to cater to windows os there is a drop down to linux but then next stage reverts to windows again everything seems to be working fine its just this watermark in the bottom right hand corner