PDA

View Full Version : TCL and perl writing IDE?

Nwe Nwe
December 24th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Hello Everyone,
I'm a new user for NS 2 to implement data storage management in MANETs. Now, I would like to start my program. Please let me know what kind of IDE is used to write TCl and C++ program on Ubuntu 12.10. Text editor is not comfortable to write. So, Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MG&TL
December 24th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Hello Everyone,
I'm a new user for NS 2 to implement data storage management in MANETs. Now, I would like to start my program. Please let me know what kind of IDE is used to write TCl and C++ program on Ubuntu 12.10. Text editor is not comfortable to write. So, Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Make a new thread next time, I've asked for this to be moved. :)

I'm assuming you're a student (NS2 is a unit?), so to be honest I'd recommend a text editor anyway. It may not be comfortable, but it will remove problems IDEs create and you will understand how things work better. You can use an IDE to speed things up later.

As for C++ IDEs, you have quite a mix:

Geany: lightweight, essentially helpful bolt-ons on a text editor.
Qt Creator: Pretty good middleweight IDE. Aimed at Qt, and its build systems, but isn't restricted to that.
Eclipse (with CDT extensions): Comprehensive IDE, not tied to a particular build system. Rather heavyweight.
Code::Blocks : Comprehensive IDE, can't really pass comment as I haven't used it in a while.

...plus quite a few more. I've just forgotten them. :P

Good luck!

The Cog
December 24th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Moved too its own thread.