PDA

View Full Version : Do you like tea or coffee better?

IsaacJGL
December 24th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Do you like tea or coffee better? I honestly like both.

Linuxratty
December 24th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Do you like tea or coffee better? I honestly like both.

I like tea just a smidgen better.

Bandit
December 24th, 2012, 03:57 AM
I like tea just a smidgen better.

Yea same here. I like coffee, but it tends to weigh heavy on my stomach after a bit. But Tea I can drink gallons of, then drink more..

Most of the time I prefer good ole southern sweet tea made of lipton and a insane amount of sugar.
But sometimes for those late nights were your trying to relax a cup of Jasmine tea with honey can hit the spot.
I also like green tea, but I like it sweetened and cold as well. Arizona Green Tea is awesome. I also like green tea blended with fruit juices in the morning to help get you going.

Now Coffee, I drink a cup or two sometimes in the morning. But not when its hot outside. I actually prefer chilled Moca or other iced coffees late at night to keep me going a few hours longer when out having a good time.

VinDSL
December 24th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Gotta admit, I'm addicted to coffee -- and, it's a lovely drug! :D

I drink coffee all day, and all night.

Example: I've been partaking since 3:00AM, this morning.

It's 8:35PM, and I've just now shutdown my trusty Bunn Coffee Maker.

What's my favorite blend?!?!?

As long as it's made with 100% Aribica beans, I'm happy.

I mostly drink "Yuban Original Ground Coffee", and lots of it.

Occasionally, I'll grind my own. I own a top-of-the-line Burr Grinder, but it's noisy and the beans are expensive.

So, yes, I voted for coffee!

Er... tea?!?!? Gawd, no! Sorry! Can't stomach it... :p

IsaacJGL
December 24th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Gotta admit, I'm addicted to coffee -- and, it's a lovely drug! :D

Coffee is one 'ell of a drug!

ubuntu27
December 24th, 2012, 05:59 AM
tea :ks

fdrake
December 24th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Espresso......

majabl
December 24th, 2012, 11:53 AM
For me and the majority of my compatriots it has to be tea. :-)

Grenage
December 24th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I like both, but I limit coffee to the morning and afternoon; I'm a bit picky and think both instant coffee and tea-bags are foul.

I grind my own coffee, and prefer Robusta to Arabica - when I can get Robusta. Most shops here don't sell it, because everyone has been brainwashed to think that Arabica is better quality - it isn't, just a different taste. I like it Swedish-strong, which basically rules out ever getting a good cup on the high-street.

I mostly drink white tea, but oolong/green is also nice.

Uncle Spellbinder
December 24th, 2012, 04:20 PM
COFFEE, primarily Kona/Hawaiian blend.

1-2 cups in the morning, 1-2 cups throughout the day.

I don't like tea at all.

kurt18947
December 24th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Coffee 1000Z to about 1600Z. Herbal tea (mostly) after that. SWMBO is quite sensitive to caffeine's effects. I can drink 2 cups of strong coffee and go straight to sleep. Of course my bladder doesn't care for that.

Errr, does herbal tea count as tea with this group?;)

exodus_
December 24th, 2012, 04:48 PM
I don't like drip coffe, but do enjoy to odd espresso. Other than that I drink about 5-6 cups of tea a day.

Swagman
December 24th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I like both but When I arise from my slumber it HAS to be

TEA (White, NO sugar)

Then coffee (White, No sugar)

After that can be either or either !!

Gremlinzzz
December 24th, 2012, 05:49 PM
:popcorn:when i was a kid, coffee which went good with my morning cigarette.
Grew up,don't smoke and switched to green tea for morning caffeine.So both

VinDSL
December 24th, 2012, 08:03 PM
I grind my own coffee, and prefer Robusta to Arabica - when I can get Robusta. Most shops here don't sell it [...]
I digress...

My friend, Colin, got me hooked on Pickled Onions, a few years ago. I prefer "London Pub". Colin likes "Hayward" (Traditional).

Anyway, if you think it's hard finding Robusta beans in the UK, you should try locating Pickled Onions in Arizona! LoL! :D

oldos2er
December 24th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Yes!

sffvba[e0rt
December 24th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Since coming to the UAE I have favored tea as I haven't found coffee I enjoy (I am however getting addicted to Latte's the local garages sell)...

coldcritter64
December 24th, 2012, 08:51 PM
I digress...

My friend, Colin, got me hooked on Pickled Onions, a few years ago. I prefer "London Pub". Colin likes "Hayward" (Traditional).

Anyway, if you think it's hard finding Robusta beans in the UK, you should try locating Pickled Onions in Arizona! LoL! :D

Yes!

@both, lol'd, cheers :)

I usually go for coffee, I do occasionally enyoy drinking tea either hot or iced. Had a mango flavoured ice tea only yestereday, it was quite nice :)

deadflowr
December 24th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I prefer coffee.
I drink thick black coffee.
But tea wins in the taste department. Coffee tastes like dirt.
If I was to add flavoring, I'd might as well drink hot cocoa.

VinDSL
December 24th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Coffee tastes like dirt.[...]
Exactly!

We call it "mud" (when it's brewed correctly) and it's best when the spoon sticks straight-up, in the cup, when you're not holding it! :)

Actually, that's the whole "trick" to making great tasting Arabica coffee -- you need to use twice the "normal" amount of grounds...

Old_Grey_Wolf
December 24th, 2012, 10:34 PM
T...t...t...tea.

guarana tea

Filip II
December 24th, 2012, 10:52 PM
I like coffee, but I like tea better. I love all kinds of tea green, herbal, fruit,...

doja
December 24th, 2012, 11:24 PM
I'm a tea drinker, I don't like coffee.
But should I move once to UK or Irland there I would rather drink coffee than tea. ;)

deadflowr
December 24th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Exactly!

We call it "mud" (when it's brewed correctly) and it's best when the spoon sticks straight-up, in the cup, when you're not holding it! :)

Actually, that's the whole "trick" to making great tasting Arabica coffee -- you need to use twice the "normal" amount of grounds...

It's been many a year since I put a spoon in a cup of coffee.:p
I don't add anything so why should I stir it?
And I like the silty grinds at the bottom. It's like a prize.

VinDSL
December 25th, 2012, 12:26 AM
It's been many a year since I put a spoon in a cup of coffee.:p
I don't add anything so why should I stir it?
And I like the silty grinds at the bottom. It's like a prize.
Don't know about others' nutritional habits, but...

My first cup of coffee, in the morning, contains a large scoop of collagen powder, which doesn't stay suspended very well.

This is the powder I use:

http://www.consumerhealthanswers.com/joint-free-reviewed.html

You wouldn't be happy with these "silty grinds at the bottom"... :D

mamamia88
December 25th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Coffee definitely. Stronger flavor. I like tea iced in the summer and will drink it by the gallon but day to day definitely love the coffee. But bad tea is better than bad coffee. Nothing is worse than bad coffee. At least bad tea will just be mostly water.

pissedoffdude
December 25th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Honestly, I can't decide. When I'm in the mood for tea, I'm usually in the mood for a good oolong tea. On the other hand, I feel I can't survive without my caffeine, so my judgement is clouded, lol. Yep, time to say Oolong tea is the best thing ever

Grenage
December 25th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I digress...

Lol, I see your problem. Hey, if all else fails, grab a jar, some vinegar, and a bag of shallots!

VinDSL
December 25th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Lol, I see your problem. Hey, if all else fails, grab a jar, some vinegar, and a bag of shallots!
Life isn't fair!

Colin just got back from Weymouth and Portland.

He said they were selling (what looked like) 1-quart jars of pickled onions for 90 pence.

A 9-ounce jar, in Arizona goes for $8.00, give or take. :p

Linuxratty
December 25th, 2012, 01:48 PM
I actually prefer chilled Moca or other iced coffees late

As do I,or hot coffee with real cream. I sweeten with Stevia..And yes,my main drink is cold tea,which I brew and keep in a big pitcher in the fridge. Tea is the main drink I consume day in and day out.

Statia
December 25th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Tea is for women and the sick.

(We'll let them Brits decide which category they're in)

Statia
December 25th, 2012, 02:08 PM
My first cup of coffee, in the morning, contains a large scoop of collagen powder, which doesn't stay suspended very well.

This is the powder I use:

http://www.consumerhealthanswers.com/joint-free-reviewed.html

What a waste of money...

Bucky Ball
December 25th, 2012, 03:57 PM
@ Statia: Consider this, without infraction, a warning and a heads up. Whilst your opinion is respected, comments like this:

Tea is for women and the sick.... and:

What a waste of money...... are inappropriate on this forum and in relation to this thread.

From the Code of Conduct, which you, of course, have read as you are a registered forum user:

Flames are messages that personally attack or call any people names or otherwise harass. These, along with any generally condescending posts will be edited or removed at the moderator's discretion.
If the thread turns into an argument, it can be closed to further comment or removed without notice.

The underlines are mine. Your responses border on trolling as well as being well off topic. Please re-read the Code of Conduct for more information.

Hoping that is all clear. If not, please post in the Resolutions or Forum Feedback sub-forum. Thanks.

BB

pompel9
December 25th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Blue Java is the best coffee ever made. Say no more. Coffee should be black, no sugar and no milk.

Tea is good once in a while, but not the cheap bad teabags. No sugar, but some honey is a must :)

mreq
December 25th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Blue Java is the best coffee ever made. Say no more. Coffee should be black, no sugar and no milk.

Tea is good once in a while, but not the cheap bad teabags. No sugar, but some honey is a must :)

Honey's really bad for your teeth.

I drink tea a lot (pure) - all kinds - black, green, fruit (not really a tea, I know).

Sometimes coffee, no favorite brand. But coffee has to have cream and sugar :)

jeffreyldavidson
December 25th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I think in the US coffee rules. But I know in many countries it is tea. I cannot make it without my coffee to start the day.

deadflowr
December 25th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Life isn't fair!

Colin just got back from Weymouth and Portland.

He said they were selling (what looked like) 1-quart jars of pickled onions for 90 pence.

A 9-ounce jar, in Arizona goes for $8.00, give or take. :p

Sounds like you suffer from Arizona Pickled Onion price gougers.

Although, that sounds like an excellent name for a band.

mr-woof
December 25th, 2012, 09:02 PM
I'm english, it's tea all round :)

Aaron Christianson
December 25th, 2012, 11:47 PM
I voted both. I enjoy drinking tea more, but I like what coffee does as a drug (increases alertness, focus, etc.).

kaldor
December 26th, 2012, 12:04 AM
I don't care about the caffeine. I'll take a typical cup of tea over bad/average coffee any day. I grind my beans before brewing and use a French press. Preferably single origin beans from Sumatra or Africa.

cecilpierce
December 26th, 2012, 12:28 AM
STRONG coffee, very little honey and half & half..:D

superdaveozzborn
December 26th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Strong coffee very very strong coffee with a little hazelnut cream.....

coldcritter64
December 26th, 2012, 12:37 AM
I'm english, it's tea all round :)
For some reason your post reminded me of an excellent cup of "Earl Grey" "English Breakfast Tea", I once had. A well made pot of that particular tea is very good indeed.

Statia
December 27th, 2012, 09:41 PM
@ Statia: Consider this, without infraction, a warning and a heads up. Whilst your opinion is respected, comments like this:

From the Code of Conduct, which you, of course, have read as you are a registered forum user:

Your responses border on trolling as well as being well off topic. Please re-read the Code of Conduct for more information.

Hoping that is all clear. If not, please post in the Resolutions or Forum Feedback sub-forum. Thanks.

BB

All right, point taken. Sorry.

First thing was a little joke. Maybe not funny.

Second thing I should have explained.
I looked at the ingredients of the product mentioned.
Of those ingredients most are either broken down in the gastrointestinal tract, or not absorbed, or both. Leaves only the glucosamine that has a, be it limited, effectiveness.
I guess I always get annoyed when I see advertisements talking about "clinically proven" snake oil. So it the OP doesn't want to waste his money, he'd be better off buying a good quality glucosamine supplement with at least 1500mg of pure glucosamine. And that can probably be had for less money than the snake oil being mentioned here.

VinDSL
December 27th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Second thing I should have explained.
I looked at the ingredients of the product mentioned.
Of those ingredients most are either broken down in the gastrointestinal tract, or not absorbed, or both.[...]

SOURCE: http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroids-bodybuilding-articles/1554-guide-joint-support.html

• Hydrolyzed Collagen

Collagen is the major protein in the body — it makes up approximately six percent of total bodyweight. It is found in all tissues and is our main structural protein, giving our bodies their shape. It literally holds us together.

Collagen is the primary nonwater component of all connective tissues, including cartilage. Cartilage contains type II collagen (which you might see listed on supplement labels), plus smaller amounts of other collagen types. Other connective tissues contain mostly types I and III collagen. Collagen may be more familiar to you as gelatin (found in gelatin desserts); it's also used as a thickening agent in many foods.

This supplement was once sold in a liquid form and promoted as pre-digested protein. A muscle-building protein supplement it's not, however, because though it is obtained from animals, its amino acid profile leaves much to be desired. However, it is a great supplement for your joints.

Hydrolyzed collagen (Arthred G) is a patented collagen that has been predigested by enzymes (not acids). Its use is supported by human studies that show significant relief of arthritic symptoms, although its effects are slower than those generated by glu-cosamine or CS.

Why take it then? Hydrolyzed collagen supplies collagen-specific peptides and amino acids that may stimulate repair differently from glu-cosamine or CS. and perhaps may inhibit some degradative enzymes. The only catch is the dose: 10 grams per day. To prepare it, mix a powdered form of the supplement into a liquid. CS is not expensive, and it doesn't have the gel-forming properties of regular gelatin.

Actually, hydrolyzed collagen should work especially well when combined with glucosamine and CS. There are no studies to confirm this, though. However, since each of these supplements has unique effects on cartilage, and since all overlap in their stimulatory effects on synthesis of joint components, it makes sense — and my observations and personal use confirm — that a combination of the three would result in greater, faster and longer-lasting effects than any one or even two of these ingredients.

Athred DOES work better than regular ol' collagen. Thus, it's WORTH the extra cost, IMO.

Just saying... ;)

odiseo77
December 27th, 2012, 10:22 PM
I like black coffee (sometimes with a little milk), but I try to drink green tea regularly for its antioxidant properties. I'm even starting to like it!

Primefalcon
December 27th, 2012, 10:37 PM
I like both but I do tend to drink coffee more

BlindSoothsayer
December 27th, 2012, 10:45 PM
I prefer green tea. Who knows if the flavinoids are actually beneficial to health, but I like to think they are. Too much caffeine (on the order of two cups of coffee) makes me feel sick.

Statia
December 27th, 2012, 10:46 PM
SOURCE: http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroids-bodybuilding-articles/1554-guide-joint-support.html

Athred DOES work better than regular ol' collagen. Thus, it's WORTH the extra cost, IMO.

Just saying... ;)

Let me emphasise some points:

Hydrolyzed collagen (Arthred G) is a patented collagen that has been predigested by enzymes (not acids). Its use is supported by human studies that show significant relief of arthritic symptoms, although its effects are slower than those generated by glu-cosamine or CS.

Actually, hydrolyzed collagen should work especially well when combined with glucosamine and CS. There are no studies to confirm this, though. However, since each of these supplements has unique effects on cartilage, and since all overlap in their stimulatory effects on synthesis of joint components, it makes sense — and my observations and personal use confirm — that a combination of the three would result in greater, faster and longer-lasting effects than any one or even two of these ingredients.
So, no studies, speculation and anecdotal evidence. Not really evidence-based medicine. Furthermore, the source: steroidology.com? Not really where I go to get my CME (continuing medical education).
As far as the " Its use is supported by human studies that show significant relief of arthritic symptoms", I'd like to know what kind of studies these were (if any). The kind of studies where the producer gives away his product and asks people a couple of weeks later how they feel? Or multi-centre, randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled trials, executed by medical staff and overseen by an ethical committee? Because I know of no such studies of the latter type. I do know of a decent study that looked at glucosamine in arthrosis of the knee and found it to be about as effective as a moderate dose of an NSAID (I think they compared it with diclofenac), but without the nasty side-effects of the NSAID. However, many other studies found smaller, or even no effect of glucosamine.

However, if it helps you, than it is okay, even if it doesn't work (placebo effect).
Just saying that pure glucosamine might be cheaper.

Anyway, off-topic.
And I still don't like tea :-)

IsaacJGL
December 28th, 2012, 08:34 PM

I disagree, coffee is very strong and I usually need a huge amount of sugar and cream, my tastebuds are sensitive to coffee taste...

Gremlinzzz
December 28th, 2012, 09:46 PM
I prefer green tea. Who knows if the flavinoids are actually beneficial to health, but I like to think they are. Too much caffeine (on the order of two cups of coffee) makes me feel sick.

You might want to try Matcha green tea for health benefits and that not so sick feeling.:popcorn: