PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Problem with Firefox

Homeroast
December 21st, 2012, 10:19 PM
Hello,

I'm pretty much a newbie here and I have Googled for the answer but I couldn't find an answer. I wonder if you could help.

I'm running Lubuntu 12.10 on a new Lenovo laptop (dual boot with windows 7). I switched out Chromium for Firefox but Firefox won't open. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice. After the first reinstall it worked for about 2 minutes before it stopped opening web sites. The second time I reinstalled it won't open up at all.

Any suggestions on how I can get Firefox to work? Thanks!

kurt18947
December 21st, 2012, 10:25 PM
Hello,

I'm pretty much a newbie here and I have Googled for the answer but I couldn't find an answer. I wonder if you could help.

I'm running Lubuntu 12.10 on a new Lenovo laptop (dual boot with windows 7). I switched out Chromium for Firefox but Firefox won't open. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice. After the first reinstall it worked for about 2 minutes before it stopped opening web sites. The second time I reinstalled it won't open up at all.

Any suggestions on how I can get Firefox to work? Thanks!

Here is a problem I've had with 12.10. Open the 'system Monitor' app. Click the 'processes' tab. If Firefox shows there, right-click it and click 'end' or 'kill.' Then restart Firefox.

Homeroast
December 21st, 2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks, I'll try that ...