PDA

View Full Version : Which Valve game do you want next on Steam?

Horbo
December 21st, 2012, 03:12 AM
Now that Steam on Linux has gone Open Beta for everyone to enjoy, which Valve games are you hoping to see ported next?
Currently the only Valve game available is Team Fortress 2 (although there are other games by other devs too).

For me, CSGO, plus maybe L4D2, would mean I never need to boot Windows again...

Jakin
December 21st, 2012, 08:50 PM
Portal 2. Since i already bought it on Steam, and really can't wait for those games i already purchased to be ported.

azangru
December 21st, 2012, 09:41 PM
DOTA2 most likely will be free, right? I sure hope it gets ported to Linux so that I could see what all the fuss with Steam is about :D

I enjoyed Heroes of Newerth immensely. Until S2 dumped all Russian acounts to the company called Garena, effectively banning all Russian gamers from its servers.

ojdon
December 22nd, 2012, 12:01 AM
Would love to see the older Source games come to Linux so I can get back into playing Gmod which depends on all the other Source games for it's props.

Never played CS:GO so I'd love to see that next, don't they have a folder in one of the betas which hinted of a Linux (32-bit) port? Similar to the release beta release of Steam?

LillyDragon
December 22nd, 2012, 02:42 AM
Definitely Portal 2, especially because it's the one game I'm more certain this Intel card will play, since the first Portal ran quite smoothly on my cousin's laptop with a similar chipset. Both games look hilarious, I'd love it even more to be able to play them from Linux!

mr john
December 23rd, 2012, 02:45 PM
Why all the gaming threads here? I thought there was a specific gaming forum on this site?

mreq
December 23rd, 2012, 04:13 PM
Counter strike source for me. Could be with cs:go as well (own both).

glln0v
December 23rd, 2012, 07:02 PM
I'd like Counter-Strike.

sffvba[e0rt
December 23rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
Why all the gaming threads here? I thought there was a specific gaming forum on this site?

Gaming and leisure is a support section. This is a general chit-chat section.

CS:GO and DOTA 2 will go along way to boost Steam on Linux (L4D2 is already being ported).

kaldor
December 23rd, 2012, 07:55 PM
I booted into Windows (installed for college stuff) to try the Global Offensive free weekend back in early October. I've been rebooting my PC to game ever since.

The Counter Strike series would be awesome to have natively on Linux. I'd be extremely surprised if CS:S or CS:GO do not make it since they are flagship Source/Valve games.

mreq
December 23rd, 2012, 08:32 PM
I booted into Windows (installed for college stuff) to try the Global Offensive free weekend back in early October. I've been rebooting my PC to game ever since.

The Counter Strike series would be awesome to have natively on Linux. I'd be extremely surprised if CS:S or CS:GO do not make it since they are flagship Source/Valve games.

hehe, I've removed dualboot win7 as to learn more through the finals. Not working much though...

graabein
December 24th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Sid Meier's Civilization V

CompyTheInsane
December 24th, 2012, 01:51 AM
That's not a Valve game.

GrubThemeArtist
December 25th, 2012, 12:56 AM
I would say Half Life 2, but I recently purchased it and I'm playing it with Wine at 1366x768 on medium settings on an Intel card and it plays just fine so I'd rather have Valve put resources into something else like Portal 2 maybe.

drawkcab
December 26th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Left for Dead 2 because I already own it. Counterstrike is fun but I don't play it much anymore.

Mikeb85
December 26th, 2012, 06:54 AM

As was said, not a Valve game, and it runs pretty well from Steam on Wine. I used to play many hours of multiplayer Civ V on Ubuntu + Wine with buddies who had Windows.

Horbo
December 29th, 2012, 06:49 AM

All other sections are for support questions.

This thread would not be allowed in them, it MUST go here.