PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] theme resets after every reboot

Askel
December 20th, 2012, 01:53 PM
I have the faience-theme. After it updated the theme gets reset every time I reboot. I have to open MyUnity and change the theme to get it right again. Is there a solution to this.

Frogs Hair
December 20th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Hello Askel

where is the theme installed and what Ubuntu version ?

Askel
December 20th, 2012, 05:27 PM
I installed it using the PPA, and the Ubuntu-version is 12.04

vasa1
December 20th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Hello Askel

where is the theme installed and what Ubuntu version ?

Meaning did you install the theme in ~/.themes or in /usr/share/themes?

Askel
December 20th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Meaning did you install the theme in ~/.themes or in /usr/share/themes?

It's in /usr/share/themes

Frogs Hair
December 20th, 2012, 05:55 PM
The theme description states it only has support for Gnome 3.6 which is what 12.10 uses.
Description:
Faience is a Work In Progress that include GTK3, GTK2, Metacity and Gnome-Shell themes and an icon theme based on Faenza.

Support Gnome 3.6 only.

Askel
December 20th, 2012, 06:05 PM
The theme description states it only has support for Gnome 3.6 which is what 12.10 uses.

Guess that explains it. To bad I updated then.

Askel
December 20th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I have the folders with the old theme. How do I do to replace them in the /usr/share/themes folder?

I've used the mv command but it doesn't work. It says it can't remove the target cause it's a catalog.

Frogs Hair
December 20th, 2012, 08:26 PM
You can replace them , but why does the PPA have themes that are not supported in your version of Ubuntu ? I would consider removing the PPA before manually installing the theme , because if the PPA updates you will have problems with the package system.

This is not a well managed PPA if it is providing incompatible versions of themes. If you are running 12.04 you should be using themes compatible with Gnome 3.4.

To open the file system use
gksudo nautilus