PDA

View Full Version : FACEBOOK - bitcoin concept generic facebook

theftbyprinting
December 20th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Hi there

I've followed the whole Bitcoin concept with its torrent type infrastructure. In Russia they have a programme thats looks just like Facebook, but it isn't. This is obvioulsy due to the fear of privacy and this got me thinking.

Is there a way where an opensource version of facebook could get developed with encryption settings for your friends only, or settings modified to the level you want your account open and done with the internet as the infrastructure as opposed to a central datacentre.

If this could be done then it would be very popular if poeple know that heavy encrytpion would keep their info safe and friends can share personal info without fear of who is reading it. Infact this would leave facebook dead in its tracks.

Any ideas programmers?

haqking
December 20th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Hi there

I've followed the whole Bitcoin concept with its torrent type infrastructure. In Russia they have a programme thats looks just like Facebook, but it isn't. This is obvioulsy due to the fear of privacy and this got me thinking.

Is there a way where an opensource version of facebook could get developed with encryption settings for your friends only, or settings modified to the level you want your account open and done with the internet as the infrastructure as opposed to a central datacentre.

If this could be done then it would be very popular if poeple know that heavy encrytpion would keep their info safe and friends can share personal info without fear of who is reading it. Infact this would leave facebook dead in its tracks.

Any ideas programmers?

Facebook can be set so only your friends can see it anyways and can also be configured to only allow https or you can do it yourself with https everywhere or other similar plugins.

If you want to design a new social networking site go for it, there are plenty around to copy ;-)

Though i dont get your analogy with bitcoin, before you explain Bitcoin to me I know what it is and have used it since its inception. How do you relate the 2?

theftbyprinting
December 20th, 2012, 02:42 AM
LOL.... dude, FACEBOOK is like an open book, any desk jockey at some federal agency with the right access can look at your deatils. America is not breaking any laws because most traffic terminates in America at some point, the minute it enters American soil they copy and paste the traffic and dump it in one of their data centre, they building a new one that costs over 2 billion. I don't programme for a living, I just have the idea.

Also Zuckerberg has said if you ain't paying for a product, you are the product and as FB shares tank they'll get more desperate and use personal data. Decentralized infrastructure and encrypted access to your own personal data. Ubuntu could develop this and become famous

haqking
December 20th, 2012, 02:54 AM
LOL.... dude, FACEBOOK is like an open book, any desk jockey at some federal agency with the right access can look at your deatils. America is not breaking any laws because most traffic terminates in America at some point, the minute it enters American soil they copy and paste the traffic and dump it in one of their data centre, they building a new one that costs over 2 billion. I don't programme for a living, I just have the idea.

Also Zuckerberg has said if you ain't paying for a product, you are the product and as FB shares tank they'll get more desperate and use personal data. Decentralized infrastructure and encrypted access to your own personal data. Ubuntu could develop this and become famous

I am well aware of the Facebook Privacy issues and how it can be accessed, i thought you were referring to encrypting the traffic, so what you are saying is you want a new social networking medium which is decentralised and with better privacy and the contents is encrypted?

Well join millions of others then i suspect, but i doubt Zuckerberg is quaking at the thought of being toppled.

But feel free to go ahead and get one going, but I still dont see the relation to Bitcoin ?

theftbyprinting
December 20th, 2012, 03:05 AM
No, I can't get it going because I do not have the techical ability, its like asking a programmer to go build a car. All I can do is offer the idea and someone either runs with it or not, as simple as that.

The relation to bitcoin is the de-centralization of the infrastructure, no one controls its, its almost impossible to stop, it lives on the interweb, so in a similar way design a facebook where it gets released into the wild so to speak and nothing controls it.

Centralization or a clearing house requires a data centre with lots of nosey poeple. Bitcoin I mentioned because people in the freedom movement identify with it and will understand the desire to have that in a generic facebook.