PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Weird launcher bug

outofcoffee
December 17th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Hello,

I have looked through all of Google and have nowhere else to look, so I'm hoping to get some help here.

I am running Ubuntu 12.10 on a virtual machine.

My launcher was originally nice and transparent, but after a crash (related to display driver) it started to have the "chameleon effect" where it takes the average color of my background. It also leaves an annoying strip of the color when auto-hidden, and the strip of color stays on top of windows--essentially making the auto-hide useless.

I have tried CCSM and Ubuntu Tweak; none of the options have fixed this problem (tried setting launcher opacity to 0, etc)

Also, auto-hide never worked properly for me. It hides, but my mouse can never reveal the launcher. CCSM and Ubuntu Tweak did not fix this problem either..

Any help would be appreciated.

**EDIT**

Realized that my launcher was leaving the color strip because I switched to low-graphics mode.
However, I need to run in low-graphics mode because my video card bugs out otherwise. Is there a way to fix the strip in this mode? The best I can do is set the launcher hide effect to "Fade only", but it still leaves a line of the border..

RitzBitzN
December 19th, 2012, 06:59 PM
If you are running it in a VM, try turning up the virtual memory size.