PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Almost everything still in english

aykoola
December 16th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Hi!

I've set the language options and downloaded the language support in Xubuntu Precise, but it still doesn't translate the dropdown menu and many other things into my local language. Is this a Xubuntu or Xfce issue?

Thank you!

chadk5utc
December 16th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Hi!

I've set the language options and downloaded the language support in Xubuntu Precise, but it still doesn't translate the dropdown menu and many other things into my local language. Is this a Xubuntu or Xfce issue?

Thank you!

Not sure what you have done so far and as I speak english I have not tried this but found a step by step how to
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/17528/change-the-user-interface-language-in-ubuntu/

Impavidus
December 16th, 2012, 03:10 PM
In xubuntu this can be found in settings->language support. The GUI looks identical to the one shown in the link.

Keep in mind that translations for your language may be incomplete (I don't know which one you're using). Some programs may use their own system for translations.

rnerwein
December 18th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Hi!

Thank you!
hi
i am a german and have the same behavior. but it don't hassle me.
e.g. some man pages are in english the other in german and so on (not only man pages)
stay cool
cheers

P.S. i am running ubuntu 12.04 LTS precise