PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unity launcher background issue

Tornikee
December 11th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Hello,

While going through various Unsettings options, I set the launcher to 'auto hide', but this strip of launcher background remains after the launcher hides itself: http://bit.ly/RmVAlU

What can be done about this?

Tornikee
December 12th, 2012, 06:05 PM
No similar issue for anyone?

cmcanulty
December 12th, 2012, 06:13 PM
I had that too when trying to use launcher in classic, never found a fix

LuisGMarine
December 12th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Hello,

I just want to see if this is a Ubuntu or Unsetting problem.

Have you tried to change the auto-hide feature from System Setting -> Appearance -> Behavior ?

This is bypasses using Unsetting. I'm not sure if it will yield different results, but it is worth a try.

Tornikee
December 13th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Yes, that was one of the steps I thought of and tried, but doesn't solve anything.

CorruptDNA
December 13th, 2012, 03:31 PM
No fix for this bro.. no fix at all..

uzumakifahim
December 13th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Is this problem only occurring with 12.10? Have anyone faced this issue with 12.04?

LuisGMarine
December 14th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Is this problem only occurring with 12.10? Have anyone faced this issue with 12.04?

I just tested it on my 12.04 install and could not reproduce the same problem.

The only thing I can recommend and this point is to try another application to tweak unity and see if the problem persists. If it does then it might be a ubuntu related bug. If not, then you might have to file a bug report with the unsetting developers. Considering there are already a few members that are experiencing the same symptom.

cmcanulty
December 14th, 2012, 04:22 PM
I have it on 12.04 running classic with launcher

uzumakifahim
December 14th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Have you guys, tried to hide the launcher after uninstalling Unsettings? It seems this problem is related with Unsettings. I'm using this auto hide feature for a long time but never faced this type of problem and importantly I'm not using Unsettings.

Tornikee
December 15th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Have you guys, tried to hide the launcher after uninstalling Unsettings? It seems this problem is related with Unsettings. I'm using this auto hide feature for a long time but never faced this type of problem and importantly I'm not using Unsettings.
That's exactly what I tried now, and it solved the issue. Now I am going to install Ubuntu Tweak and see if it works w/o causing the same problem.

cmcanulty
December 15th, 2012, 01:53 PM
I removed unsettings but now can't get launcher to show at all. Can someone tell me how to make it run in classic. I tried all the google search ideas with no luck
This is the screen I get in terminal with lots of errors. I do have all the unity apps installed

cmcanulty@HPTech:~$ unity-2d-shell
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] bool KeyMonitor::registerEvents(): Could not open device: Virtual core pointer
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] bool KeyMonitor::registerEvents(): Could not open device: Virtual core keyboard
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] static void WindowImageProvider::activateComposite(): Server supports the Composite extension (ver 0.4)
unity-2d-shell: [WARNING] file:///usr/share/unity-2d/shell/launcher/Launcher.qml:224:39: Expected token `}'
unity-2d-shell: [WARNING] Object::connect: No such signal Lenses::roleNamesChanged(QHash<int,QByteArray>) in /build/buildd/unity-2d-5.12.0/libunity-2d-private/src/qsortfilterproxymodelqml.cpp:65
unity-2d-shell: [WARNING] void QSortFilterProxyModelQML::setSourceModelQObject(QO bject*): received a sourceModel that does not notify of changes of its roleNames
unity-2d-shell: [WARNING] file:///usr/share/unity-2d/shell/hud/Hud.qml:145: TypeError: Result of expression 'shellManager.hudShell' [null] is not an object.
unity-2d-shell: [WARNING] file:///usr/share/unity-2d/shell/launcher/LauncherLoader.qml:67: TypeError: Result of expression 'launcherLoader.item' [null] is not an object.
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Alt+F1"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Alt+F2"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+0"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+0"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+ퟀ"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+1"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+1"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+ퟀ"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+2"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+2"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+3"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+3"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+4"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+4"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+5"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+5"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+6"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+6"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+7"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+7"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+8"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+8"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+9"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+9"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+A"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+E"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+F"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+M"
unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+V"

uzumakifahim
December 16th, 2012, 05:38 AM
That's exactly what I tried now, and it solved the issue. Now I am going to install Ubuntu Tweak and see if it works w/o causing the same problem.

Please tell your experience, what's the condition now after uninstalling Unsettings.

cmcanulty
December 16th, 2012, 01:08 PM
I did in post #12

uzumakifahim
December 16th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I did in post #12

Thanks cmcanulty, for your sharing experience help, but I'm interested to know is Tornikee facing same problem just like you, or not?