PDA

View Full Version : Programming game with Eclipse

renzvelarde
November 20th, 2012, 02:49 PM
guys i need help.. i have to make coloring game for kids using ECLIPSE?? but i dont know hjo to use eclipse.. can you help me

lisati
December 11th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Post moved to own threadProgramming Talk.

kevinharper
December 11th, 2012, 04:57 AM
There are a ton of tutorials and videos online about how to use Eclipse.

Do you know Java or are you hoping to learn that as well?

r-senior
December 11th, 2012, 11:36 AM
What platform will the game run on? Ubuntu, Windows, applet in browser, Android?

As Kevin says, do you know Java? Will it actually be written in Java? Eclipse is most often used for Java but can be used for other languages.

renzvelarde
December 28th, 2012, 04:00 PM
the platform is android.. can you help me guys?? pm me 2 those who want to help..

renzvelarde
December 28th, 2012, 04:02 PM
i know java but im not that good in it.. thats why im asking for your help..

trent.josephsen
December 28th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Nobody is going to do your work for you (for free). Kevin's right, there are plenty of tutorials about Eclipse and many more about Java. Maybe someone else can suggest a few good resources for Android programming, but beyond that you're going to have to do some actual work. Take responsibility for learning what you need to know in order to do what you need to get done, and then get out there and do it.

Feel free to ask here if you have any actual questions.

slickymaster
December 28th, 2012, 05:01 PM
The way you put your problem I do not see how anyone can help, the reason being you are not giving out any clues of what you actually need.

The help you need relates to the design of the game?
Or you need help on how to work with Eclipse?
Or even, is the help related to the Java code that apparently you intend to develop with?

kevinharper
December 30th, 2012, 02:19 AM
You will need the Android SDK
(http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html).

Your phone has to be rooted or you can install an image of the current Android OS onto VirtualBox so you can have it running on your laptop.

I haven't done any programming on my Android. :) Barely getting the hang of Java, actually.

+1 on what Trent and Slickymaster have stated. You need to be more specific on what you are trying to do. It really looks like you are looking for unpaid freelance work, not help.

KdotJ
December 30th, 2012, 10:31 PM
You do not need to have a rooted Android device in order to develop apps for it.

You can use a normal device, but will need to have USB debugging switched on (in the settings). No need for VirtualBox either, the SDK comes with an emulator.

StackOverflow is a fantastic resource for Android development.

kevinharper
December 31st, 2012, 02:21 AM
No need for VirtualBox either, the SDK comes with an emulator.Duh! Of course it does! I hadn't thought about it running on Eclipse as any other Java program. Thanks for the correction.

I read a few articles about programming on Android devices almost a year ago and I thought I read about having to root it first.

:) +1 cause I did suggest the SDK.

StackOverflow is a fantastic resource for Android development.
That place is a fantastic resource for most-things-Java too. I have found a lot of useful examples there.

kostkon
December 31st, 2012, 02:33 AM
Check this lib (http://code.google.com/p/java-universal-tween-engine/).

KdotJ
December 31st, 2012, 02:39 AM
:) +1 cause I did suggest the SDK.

+1 indeed :)

I've done quite a bit of Android here and there, it's a great framework. One thing I like about the SDK etc is that it's all self contained... handles updates and everything in it's own little world.

kevinharper
January 1st, 2013, 12:49 AM
LOL. I installed it to root my phone.

I broke Eclipse beyond repair and had to do all Java development for the class on XP on VirtualBox.

Anyways... I think we've vered way of topic. OP doesn't seem interested in our side-chat- this is my last post on this thread.

Happy New Year to all!