PDA

View Full Version : Linux real life work problems needed

reallytrulyreally
December 8th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Hi All

This is my 1st post. I have completed my linux education and now looking for work but during interview employers ask me real life problems i had and ask if i can tell them some scenearios. Can anybody tell me some links or 1-2 big problems you guys solved and how ?
God Bless. thankx.:p:p;)

mörgæs
December 8th, 2012, 10:21 PM
So, during an interview you are planning to take credit for a clever solution someone else made? I'm not sure God is blessing this way of thinking.

Mark Phelps
December 8th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Hi All

This is my 1st post. I have completed my linux education and now looking for work but during interview employers ask me real life problems i had and ask if i can tell them some scenearios. Can anybody tell me some links or 1-2 big problems you guys solved and how ?
God Bless. thankx.:p:p;)

You obviously do NOT have any real life scenarios -- because you haven't done this yet. You need to be HONEST with the interviewers about this.

IF you con an employer into thinking you already HAVE experience, what do you think is going to happen when they assign you something to do -- and you can't do it because you actually have NOT done it before? They will FIRE you, that's what!

germanix
December 8th, 2012, 10:30 PM
I think you are mis-understanding what these potential employers are asking from you. Employers do not have crystal balls for them to look into and to see what kind of an employee you will be in the future, should they employ you. So they ask you questions about your past in order to see how you tackled problems in the past. They believe that you will adopt the same methods to solve problems in the future. So they are asking you about any real life problems that you personally experienced in your life, and how you handled these problems. from your answers they will try to make a prediction of how you will solve work problems for them, once they employ you. So it is no good asking others what their problems were and how they solved it. Think about your own life, what problems or challenges you have had to face and how you went about to solve these issues. These could be examples from school, college, private life, previous jobs etc.
Employers are looking for employees who are not a part of the problem but a rather part of the solution. You need to convince them that you are a problem solver by giving them examples out of your own life.
Hope this helps you.

CharlesA
December 8th, 2012, 10:48 PM
So, during an interview you are planning to take credit for a clever solution someone else made? I'm not sure God is blessing this way of thinking.
Sure sounds like it to me.

@OP: Those questions are usually to see what you would do in a certain situation - there are usually no wrong answers.

lisati
December 8th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Here's a real-life situation that can be tough, both for the person being interviewed and the person doing the interviewing: job interviews.

My advice is to go in with a good attitude: how you answer the questions, regardless of whether or not you know the "correct" answer, can help give the interviewer useful information about your being the best person for the job.

llanitedave
December 8th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Oh, and not to be pedantic or anything, but you have not "completed" your Linux education. You're just getting started in it.

DuckHook
December 8th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Oh, and not to be pedantic or anything, but you have not "completed" your Linux education. You're just getting started in it.

+1. You are not being even remotely pedantic.

@OP. I realize that some of the advice you have just received will sting. Accept the sting and listen to the advice. It's some of the best life lessons you will ever hear.