PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Restore Kmail From Akonadi Archive File

leetuckert
December 4th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Greetings:

I have moved from Kubuntu 11.10 to Ubuntu 12.04. I made a backup of my Kontact data using the pop up menu on Kubuntu 11.10.

I am not trying, without success, to figure out how to restore that data from the archive file. I cannot find, after hours of looking, Googling, and otherwise poking around, how to restore my data. I have a lot of important email I need to get back.

Any ideas? :confused:

leetuckert
December 4th, 2012, 07:14 PM
When I moved to version 11.x of Kubuntu I was forced to import all my email from files on the disk into the new database scheme. Now, moving from 11.x to 12.04, I cannot find a way to import the data.

I have Kontact installed and I have the archive file I generated before I wiped 11.10 off. How can I get that back into Kontact? I have akonadi running but I cannot find any option, any way of restoring the data from the archive file.

Any ideas appreciated...

stefanharjes
May 25th, 2013, 10:15 AM
It is probably a bit late, but I switched from 11.10 to gentoo and it took at least half a day to discover, that 11.10 stored my mail in ~/.local/... After I already imported my old mail from ~/mail and
~/.kde/share/... I have most messages about 4 times. Kmail is not really good at detecting duplicate mails in different folders to be precise.

Best
Stefan