PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gedit, Firefox:: Hebrew font too small relative to Roman font

kulicuu
December 4th, 2012, 08:48 AM
In Gedit, and Firefox, I need to type often in both Hebrew and English. The Hebrew font is scaled way to small compared to the Roman font. This is also a problem in Firefox.

In Komodo Edit 7 and Google Chrome this is not an issue; the fonts seem to be scaled better. There are other issues though: for example in KE 7 the Hebrew font is comparatively too light.

It would be good to be able to control font sets independently. I have fantasy maybe there is text files somewhere I can edit to deal with these issue.

Thankyou

orb9220
December 4th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Well in firefox I go to the Preferences>Content and click on Advanced in the Fonts & Colors section. In there is the default settings for different fonts. Can change the default fonts used and click or un-click Allow Pages to choose their own fonts.

Not up on all the different settings and just fiddle with firefox open on the page and see the results right away.

Just did this for this for the ubuntu forum reply box. As all the text was huge. So changed the Monospace from 16 to 12 now repy box text is normal size.

Below the Advanced button is Colors and you can adjust or overide web site defaults there too.