PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Can Wubi be installed as an Instant ON?

Inspiring Thoughts
December 1st, 2012, 05:04 AM
I recently learnt that my laptop has a Instant on sort of feature. Well actually I was playing with the buttons and one of them say's WEB, when the system was turned off I pressed it and got an error message.

My question for the Ubuntu community is if anyone else has a Sony Vaio VPCEA3M1E have you been able to either install the Vaio Quick Web Access or installed Ubuntu in it's place, without any restoring default settings or that Wubi thing.

I am quite new to instant on, and never actually used it before, I do know my way around a computer, but when it comes to linux, I might as well be reading a Japanese manual (basically, I don't understand linux very much, have had experience with it, but still not much).

I am hoping someone knows a way to use the WEB button to boot up into Wubi, rather than the choice to load up either OS, can't stand those.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated, my laptop is a Sony Vaio Model No. PCG-61311M
(Not entirely sure what these numbers are but maybe someone's heard of it) VPCEA3M1E