PDA

View Full Version : Ufo in Rio, Brazil

GreatDanton
December 1st, 2012, 12:23 AM
Well I was looking for something on youtube and just came around this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS--TSJabvg&feature=player_embedded

So what do you think?

I hope I posted this in the right section
Regards.

KiwiNZ
December 1st, 2012, 12:56 AM
Fake, so obvious

ivotkl
December 1st, 2012, 01:01 AM
IMO, looks as fake as a human being flying with no additional devices. It is from a game. Check that electric power lines do not fall / break / etc when ufo suddenly appears on them. and the sun glare effect is a very known effect on videogames. And trees on the background look fake.-

Majorix
December 1st, 2012, 01:04 AM
"Oh yes, I should just drive the car with a camcorder in my hand, just in case I spot a giant UFO flying over or something." And the part where he runs after the "UFO" is really brave of him!

KiwiNZ
December 1st, 2012, 01:40 AM
it's Aliens he will tell you so

kostkon
December 1st, 2012, 01:48 AM
Fake... Either CGI, balloon or RC flying copter...

Jakin
December 1st, 2012, 02:06 AM
Its a post wwII German=ifo/(hovercraft?)!

It really surprises me, these videos are 30 second, low quality, and the camera man knows exactly were the "ufo" is coming from before it enters the frame, and the object is much higher quality than the rest of the frames.

GreatDanton
December 1st, 2012, 03:54 AM
It really surprises me, these videos are 30 second, low quality, and the camera man knows exactly were the "ufo" is coming from before it enters the frame, and the object is much higher quality than the rest of the frames.

Exactly.

I am just wondering why would anybody make a fake video. It's a complete nonsense and waste of time.

Bandit
December 1st, 2012, 04:06 AM
Well I was looking for something on youtube and just came around this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS--TSJabvg&feature=player_embedded

So what do you think?

I hope I posted this in the right section
Regards.

LOL really good CGI. But sadly its fake.. :)

QIII
December 1st, 2012, 04:25 AM
That's fake. Real ones don't look at all like that.

Most of the time the ones they take me up in look sort of like a milky, iridescent, metallic material and they are smooth.

Jakin
December 1st, 2012, 05:34 AM
That's fake. Real ones don't look at all like that.

Most of the time the ones they take me up in look sort of like a milky, iridescent, metallic material and they are smooth.

Could be they adorn their crafts with a layer of precious gems? (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Kw6kKcsrgso/TyyzFe73yVI/AAAAAAAAAiQ/ExeIbIzcdiE/s1600/highly-iridescent-rainbow-colored-baroque-freshwater-pearl-07.jpg) Maybe they aren't so different from humans after all.:lolflag: (not metallic, but sure looks it)

Peripheral Visionary
December 1st, 2012, 10:52 AM
Some folks say they're even putting bumper stickers and decals on them now. Maybe even handicap permits.

mips
December 1st, 2012, 11:58 AM
So what do you think?

Can't believe you are even asking. :biggrin:

Erik1984
December 1st, 2012, 12:29 PM
it's Aliens he will tell you so

History Channel has other shows beside Pawn Stars, wow :p

zombifier25
December 1st, 2012, 12:43 PM
Not directly related to thread, but it's interesting on how alien sightings report aliens of different sizes and shapes, yet the spaceships they ride are basically only one shape: the circular disc shape.

Erik1984
December 1st, 2012, 12:59 PM
Not directly related to thread, but it's interesting on how alien sightings report aliens of different sizes and shapes, yet the spaceships they ride are basically only one shape: the circular disc shape.

If so many races of aliens agree it just has to be the best form factor :p Built according to intergalactic spaceship standards, we are just to dumb to understand as humans.

Bandit
December 1st, 2012, 05:04 PM
There are 3 basic shapes to actual UFO's that have been reported that is.
Traditional circular disc shape "Flying Saucer", Triangle/ Delta Wing style and Long Cylinder /Cigar shaped. Now there is another shape, which is the most common is the sphere shaped craft that appear normally as "balls of light". These appear very bright and in multitude of sizes, many are starting to refer to them as probes per se.

QIII
December 1st, 2012, 05:25 PM
Ah! Don't mention probes, man!

The first time they took me, back in '73, they probed me for what must have been hours or even days. The lights were so bright they hurt my eyes.

Ever since, the probe sessions have gotten shorter and shorter. The first one established a baseline I think. Now they are just doing annual checks.

But what seems worst, most times, is the whole thing about being left naked on some farmer's front porch every year. Seems like they could at least give me my pants back. But maybe one of the things they are experimenting with is human fashion. Still costs me a pair of Levi's every time.

Bandit
December 1st, 2012, 05:53 PM
Ah! Don't mention probes, man!

The first time they took me, back in '73, they probed me for what must have been hours or even days. The lights were so bright they hurt my eyes.

Ever since, the probe sessions have gotten shorter and shorter. The first one established a baseline I think. Now they are just doing annual checks.

But what seems worst, most times, is the whole thing about being left naked on some farmer's front porch every year. Seems like they could at least give me my pants back. But maybe one of the things they are experimenting with is human fashion. Still costs me a pair of Levi's every time.

OMG I LOL 'till I cried... :)

overcast
December 2nd, 2012, 03:43 AM
99.95% videos on youtube are fake about UFO. Remaining are so poorly edited that they are not even worth calling UFO videos, that's for sure. :D

alexfish
December 2nd, 2012, 05:18 AM
the last word says it all hit with Capital S

Brillcream on bad hair day.

Paqman
December 2nd, 2012, 07:35 PM
Loving the way the mothership pops into existence nicely framed up in the centre of shot.

critin
December 3rd, 2012, 03:50 AM
You might not laugh so hard if you'd seen what I've seen going over my house one night--honestly. It wasn't far from the navy base and might have been theirs, but it was definitely a ufo. Unlike anything seen by me before or since. Doesn't mean it came from the outer limits, but it wasn't a plane. A long, long cylinder that had 2 or 3 little pup (1 or 2 man size) flying machines come out of both sides that took off in opposite directions. I saw this or I might not believe it either. Completely silent.

I agree that it would be rare indeed to have a handy, dandy camcorder all ready just in case one appears--and it does. This might or might not be fake, but there have been real cases and they have been reported.

Humans are arrogantly ignorant to believe they're the only intelligent living things in the limitless universe, and we aren't even intelligent. We're still animals wallowing in the mud--low life.

Gremlinzzz
December 3rd, 2012, 04:47 AM
:popcorn:Would be kind of disappointing, if humans turned out to be the most Advanced species in the Universe.

Jakin
December 3rd, 2012, 05:22 AM
Im sure anyone who has commented in this thread, doesn't believe we are the only ones in the "vast expanse".

I personally believe such videos as the OP, to be fake, for reasons not because the filming of, but what is being seen as a craft that we here on earth could probably easily conceive.
Now- why should we believe that other worldly beings technologies look like that of what could be made here on earth, or resemble earth's popular culture/fictions? We aren't in collaboration or contact... have they been watching and us, or reverse engineering our ideas since the mid 40s?
Just like we shouldn't expect other worldly beings that thrive in totally different environments, to look anything remotely human-like (given we've not found a perfect earth twin out there yet, but even then, why should they be similar in appearance?).

As to the "smarts" of us versus "them"; I have complete confidence that we are atleast in the top ranking of brains in the universe- its not what we know, its what we have the potential of knowing- our curiosity and perseverance of a answer or solution. We have no limitations of thought or imagination- whatever is put before us, we find a way. And the Universe IS random, it all chaos (though we have shown the smarts to explain the chaos). Our challenges that lead to our "smarts", could have in no way been the exact challenges of other worldly beings... and thus we loop back to the "How could they; their technology- be like ours?"...

/my opinion, anyway.

Bandit
December 4th, 2012, 12:21 AM
You might not laugh so hard if you'd seen what I've seen going over my house one night--..............................
Yep been there also.. Followed it in my car.. Watched it shoot up into space like some crap off star trek.. No one believes me. Hard to believe it myself..

:popcorn:Would be kind of disappointing, if humans turned out to be the most Advanced species in the Universe.
QFT.. Drake Equation says there should be at least 10,000 species of intelegent life in our milkyway galaxy a lone. But as fast as that is, 10,000 is a very small number and the chances that we would meet somone else is very very rare. Not saying we havent, look at my post above. But I would like to point out something that Steven Hawkings said and I agree on. We would hope never to meet another species from outer space as they would probably look upon as on the planet as pets and try to remove us like early US settlers did to the US Indians.

Im sure anyone who has commented in this thread, doesn't believe we are the only ones in the "vast expanse"....... I agree with a few parts here, the universe is very creative. The chances every ship will look like something we could make or that every species has 2 legs and 2 arms like off star trek is very misconceived. But hell who knows...

Paqman
December 4th, 2012, 02:00 AM
QFT.. Drake Equation says there should be at least 10,000 species of intelegent life in our milkyway galaxy a lone.

The Drake Equation is more of a thought experiment than a source of information. He originally only wrote it to set the agenda for a conference IIRC. Most of the factors in it are really only at the "rough-guess" level, particularly those about the existence and longevity of civilisations. We are starting to get actual data about the number of planets now though, which is cool.

Bandit
December 4th, 2012, 02:54 AM
The Drake Equation is more of a thought experiment than a source of information. He originally only wrote it to set the agenda for a conference IIRC. Most of the factors in it are really only at the "rough-guess" level, particularly those about the existence and longevity of civilisations. We are starting to get actual data about the number of planets now though, which is cool.

Well true, the entire equation while appearing fairly sound is totally based upon variables that change depending on how accurate current data is. Which like you mentioned we are just now starting to get more accurate numbers in as time goes by.

critin
December 4th, 2012, 05:34 PM
(http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1237082)Jakin (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1237082)
As to the "smarts" of us versus "them";

Guess I sounded pretty arrogant myself, didn't mean to.
The 'us versus them' is the point I was thinking of when I wrote that. We each think 'us' is always right, and 'them' is always wrong. 'Versus' keeps all humans in turmoil. Animals killing other animals for any reason--no reason. Guess I'm ready for the time when the lions will lie down beside the lambs and there will be peace, which is entirely off topic of the OP.

But what I saw was indeed an out of the ordinary ufo. At least it wasn't round. lol

KiwiNZ
December 4th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I cannot believe this thread is still going, so I guess I will add to it. Any slight analysis of the footage or the scenario shows that it is clearly a fake. It is as obvious as the nose on ones face.

Jakin
December 4th, 2012, 08:22 PM
[URL="http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1237082"]

Guess I sounded pretty arrogant myself, didn't mean to.
The 'us versus them' is the point I was thinking of when I wrote that. We each think 'us' is always right, and 'them' is always wrong. 'Versus' keeps all humans in turmoil. Animals killing other animals for any reason--no reason. Guess I'm ready for the time when the lions will lie down beside the lambs and there will be peace, which is entirely off topic of the OP.

But what I saw was indeed an out of the ordinary ufo. At least it wasn't round. lol

It wasn't aimed at what you said, i was speaking in general :) I agree many groups want to believe we are superior than others- Thats what stems our Wars.
On the otherhand; I can't help but feel slightly annoyed at groups that don't give humans credit where do- and feel they need to explain it with other worldly things. For example the need to explain the pyramids, had to have been made by, or helped along by "ancient aliens". Come now... We as a species are perfectly capable of such things without other worldly help. We may have forgotten the means of how they did it then, but we have rediscovered other ways to accomplish it if need be, technology is a beautiful thing. Another example would be how Rome had running water and modern plumbing, and was forgotten, til sometime in the 18th century(?) when it was "reinvented".

I don't discredit you saw something though, Im just sayin' in such videos the as OP (and they are the majority out there):

Any slight analysis of the footage or the scenario shows that it is clearly a fake. It is as obvious as the nose on ones face.

QIII
December 4th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I suspect that if "they" were here it would hardly be necessary to depend on YouTube for all of humanity to be quite well aware of it.

critin
December 6th, 2012, 01:39 AM
It wasn't aimed at what you said, i was speaking in general :)

:

I know...
What I would really like to know is how to tell if I'm stuck in that blamed parallel universe, and if so, how to get back. Sometimes I just don't know if I'm the sensible me or the 'other' me. I think I visited the other side too often and now don't know if I'm coming or going. But it was so much fun! :p

Christian Knudsen
December 7th, 2012, 03:24 PM

Sorry. :D

Gremlinzzz
December 7th, 2012, 05:24 PM
:popcorn: If the UFO was real landed and asked for volunteers,to visited there planet would you go?
I wouldn't,cause i saw the twilight zone episode.it's a cook book,plus i wouldn't make a good pet. they would put me in the pound.

addegsson
December 7th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Fake.

It's a weather balloon.

QIII
December 7th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Swamp gas reflecting off Venus.

forrestcupp
December 7th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I cannot believe this thread is still going, so I guess I will add to it. Any slight analysis of the footage or the scenario shows that it is clearly a fake. It is as obvious as the nose on ones face.

It's obvious that it's fake, especially when the big one appears out of no where and goes invisible again. :)

But I will give them credit that they did an excellent job with tracking to keep to UFOs in perfect alignment with a shaky, moving camcorder. It's easy to add the shakiness after superimposing UFOs onto video footage, but it's harder when the camcorder is shaky and moving from side to side.

Gremlinzzz
December 7th, 2012, 07:20 PM
:popcorn:
How to Digitally Record/Video a UFO sighting:

Stabilize the camera on a tripod. If there is no tripod, then set it on top of a stable, flat surface. If that is not possible lean against a wall to stabilize your body and prevent the camera from filming in a shaky, unsteady manner.
Provide visual reference points for comparison. This includes the horizon, treetops, lampposts, houses, and geographical landmarks (i.e., Horsetooth Reservoir, Mt. Adams, etc.) Provide this in the video whenever is appropriate and doesn’t detract from what your focus is, the UFO.
Narrate your videotape. Provide details of the date, time, location, and direction (N,S,E,W) you are looking in. Provide your observations on the weather, including approximate temperature, windspeed, any visible cloud cover or noticeable weather anomalies or events. Narrate on the shape, size, color, movements, approximate altitude of the UFO, etc and what it appears to be doing. Also include any unusual physical, psychological or emotional sensations you might have. Narrate any visual reference points on camera so they correlate with what the viewer will see, and thereby will be better able to understand.
Be persistent and consistent. Return to the scene to videotape and record at this same location. If you have been successful once, the UFO sightings may be occurring in this region regularly, perhaps for specific reasons unknown, and you may be successful again. You may also wish to return to the same location at a different time of day (daylight hours) for better orientation and reference. Film just a minute or two under “normal” circumstances for comparison. Write down what you remember immediately after. As soon as you are done recording the experience/event, immediately write down your impressions, memories, thoughts, emotions, etc. so it is on the record in writing. If there were other witnesses, have them independently record their own impressions, thoughts, etc. Include in this exercise any drawings, sketches, or diagrams. Make sure you date and sign your documentation.
Always be prepared. Have a digital camera or better yet a video camera with you, charged and ready to go, at all times. Make sure you know how to use your camera (and your cell phone video/photo camera) quickly and properly. These events can occur suddenly, unexpectedly, and often quite randomly, so you will need to be prepared.

Old_Grey_Wolf
December 7th, 2012, 09:28 PM
I was driving through Kansas, USA about 10 years ago and I saw a black saucer shaped object in the sky. Kansas has a very flat terrain; so, you can see things from far away. The saucer appeard be be hovering over a farm house. After watching it for a few minutes, I realized what it was. What surprised me was that I was driving at 65 MPH and the object seemed to be hovering; therefore, the object must have be flying in the same direction at a slow speed like 130 MPH. I didn't realize a Steath B2 bomber could fly at such a low speed until I saw it.

I stepped through the YouTube video linked to by the OP frame by frame and concluded it is fake.

If I had a video recorder turned on during my trip through Kansas ready to take a video of what I saw, at least it would have been a real unaltered video. I would have had to trim it to only show the first minute; because, after that point you could have started to identify what it really was. :)

Gremlinzzz
December 8th, 2012, 03:58 AM
:popcorn:interesting
UFO caught on tape Over Denver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9W3l1KroCk

UFO Nearly Causes Collision in Denver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivKmamEMBYw
:popcorn:very interesting.

forrestcupp
December 8th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I didn't realize a Steath B2 bomber could fly at such a low speed until I saw it.

Stealth Bombers are pretty amazing.

Gremlinzzz
December 8th, 2012, 04:24 PM

So is a Flying Saucer.
Stealth Bombers are kind of old and costly,think they will be replaced with drones.

Jakin
December 8th, 2012, 04:37 PM

So is a Flying Saucer.
Stealth Bombers are kind of old and costly,think they will be replaced with drones.

How about the Northrop style of "flying wing" bombers? The best of both worlds... those things are awesome. Their appearance could make someone initially think UFO.

EDIT: Admitedly i don't know much about bombers, B-2 are northrops it seems, though t time of post i was thinking the Northrop Xb

UFO Nearly Causes Collision in Denver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivKmamEMBYw
:popcorn:very interesting.

Iron-man.

Paqman
December 8th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I didn't realize a Steath B2 bomber could fly at such a low speed until I saw it.

How do you think they land?

Tbh, it wasn't necessarily going that slowly. If the farmhouse was much closer to you than the aircraft it could have been going several times your speed and still appeared stationary over the house.

They are subsonic though, they're not built for speed.

zer010
December 8th, 2012, 06:15 PM
:popcorn:interesting
UFO caught on tape Over Denver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9W3l1KroCk

SOme hacker has one awesome quadcopter! :popcorn:

Gremlinzzz
December 8th, 2012, 11:38 PM
SOme hacker has one awesome quadcopter! :popcorn:

:popcorn:Good guess but i think quadcopter is too slow to be this UFO.
but after watching this video i have get one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6svIcef5lQ