PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Moving an application launcher

Sonolin
November 28th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Hi,

So, after giving up on ubuntu shortly after Unity was released, I'm coming back and trying to give it a fair chance. It seems like things are greatly improved, I really like the new ALT button and the workspace switcher is neat.

I can't seem to find a way to move an application launcher though! For example, I've docked "Thunderbird" to the new Unity sidebar, and I want this launcher at the TOP of the bar, not at the bottom. Clicking and dragging seems to scroll through the list of applications in the bar, which isn't what I want...

Any way to do this? I think this should be intuitive, IMO - why not use Click + Drag to do this? Middle scroll wheel already scrolls through the apps, and perhaps instead of using Click + Drag to scroll through them, they should "autoscroll" (similar to how I'd imagine something like OSX would do).

TL;DR - I just want to move my Thunderbird icon to the top of the Unity sidebar

LuisGMarine
November 28th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Hit the super key (Windows Key) to open up dash, then type in "thund" without the quotations, click and hold the thunderbird icon and drag it to the top of the unity panel.

Keep in mind it can't be at the very top, it has to at least be below the dash button.

### EDIT ###

You can actually Ctrl + Click and drag, just found this out.

mc4man
November 28th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Just hold your click on launcher icon for about 1/2 sec, then move to where you want (you can't go above the Dash icon

learninglinux07
November 28th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Easiest way is to click and hold the launcher icon you want to move, then drag it to the right away from the launch bar. Then you should be able to place it where you want