PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] problems with LibreOffice

yiftah
November 27th, 2012, 01:43 PM
I got this problem ever since I jumped into the cold Ubuntu water about a month ago: the menu sometime freezes.

Description:
there is no indication when it happens - because when it does I can still edit a document, and perform any action with key combinations.
toolbars function normally too.

When I try to use the menus they behave normally - scroll down opens.. but no action is done. it's a real problem when you really need the menus (adding a footnote, for example.. ). The only way out is shut the program down and open it again - hopeing it will work next time (sometime it does.. for a while.. and sometimes it doesn't).

Another problem which might be connected - sometimes the loading "recent documents" is mixed up: I try to load document X and it loads document Y - and vice versa ..

any idea?

Yiftah

audiomick
November 27th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I suggest you supply a little more information about your system. This would help people give you useful suggestions.

Please post
Which Ubuntu version you are using?

Is the Libre office you are using the default install, or had you installed something else manually. Which version of Libre office is it?

Some information about your hardware. Primarily, processor speed and amount of RAM.

Do you have freezing problems with any other programs at all, or is it confined to libre office?

vanadium
November 27th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Make also sure you have fully updated your system. The issue you describe is known (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-appmenu/+bug/1075263), and should have been addressed by now.
[edit]Not yet: the fix is only in the "proposed" repository right now. If you are interested, you can learn here how to enable proposed, and selectively install packages from there: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed

yiftah
November 27th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the reply

As I mentioned above - I am a complete newby to Linux. the version I use is the one that came with the Ubuntu 12.10 installation.
I downloaded every automatic update that came since I installed the system last month.

my computer is Samsung 305E

Yiftah