PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with Ubuntu 12.10

hharper
November 26th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Not sure if there is the category I need to be in or not...but I have installed Ubuntu 12.10 on my laptop and have previously had other versions of Ubuntu as well. It keeps popping up a window telling me that it keeps experiences an internal problem and to restart if it keeps happening...I restart it and about 30 minutes later it tells me this again...Is there something I need to install or can do to fix this problem. Thanks for any help.

arpanaut
November 26th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Have you done all the updates and upgrades offered from the update manager?
In the popup window have you looked at the "show details" results, that may give an indication as to what the issue is. If there seems to be problems using your system you may want to hit "continue" and go through the bug reporting process, there may be solutions from the bug reports.
Sometimes these popups are in error and can be ignored but if you have issues using your system, please follow through on the bug reporting.

See: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Apport

Shuudoushi
November 26th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Not sure if there is the category I need to be in or not...but I have installed Ubuntu 12.10 on my laptop and have previously had other versions of Ubuntu as well. It keeps popping up a window telling me that it keeps experiences an internal problem and to restart if it keeps happening...I restart it and about 30 minutes later it tells me this again...Is there something I need to install or can do to fix this problem. Thanks for any help.

This could mostly be do to that 12.10 is not a LTS and is still in dev. Meaning that (For now atleast.) its very buggy.