PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Rogue item in 'Sound & Video' applications

ixusubunt
November 25th, 2012, 07:29 PM
After upgrading to 12.10 have Alevt in the applications list. It doesn't do anything so not really important but annoying me. I have Googled it and apparently it is a Teletext reader for digital TV and associated with DVB tv reception. I have uninstalled it, purged it, 'Bleach bitted' it ... and uninstalled DVB, all to no avail. It is not possible to right click and delete items from the application list so how can I get rid of it? Even though unimportant it indicates some lack of understanding on my part so I'd like to know why it is there and if it is necessary. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Paul
PS ... should have added that I'm using Lubuntu

Frogs Hair
November 25th, 2012, 07:49 PM
The application though in synaptic is not installed on my Ubuntu installation, but may be a installed with Lubuntu. If it appears in the application menu you will have to edit the menu and instructions are available for that with a search.

There is a main/edit menu application available for Lubuntu if not included,but it needs to be compiled. http://netgator.blogspot.com/2012/09/add-link-or-edit-main-menu-in-lxde-or.html

ixusubunt
November 26th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I installed Menulibre and used it to hide Alevt from the menu. (Tried Lxmed but the installation looked too complicated!)