PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how can I stop shotwell from auto importing files on my HD

lister171254
November 25th, 2012, 02:24 AM
Appreciate if somebody could tell me how can I stop shotwell from auto importing files on my HD.

I only want it to import files from directtoies I chhos, not the entire disk.

I've completely un/resinstalled shotwell, but the first thing it does is to import every media on my HD.

Thanks

RoosterHam
November 25th, 2012, 03:10 AM
when you first start shotwell, it asks whether you would like to import photos. unselect the check box and check 'the don't ask again.'

if it's already done go to the Edit>Preferences menu selection, and import is the first options on the first tab... you can choose folders and import options.

does that help?

lister171254
November 25th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I think it's pulling all media files in when I enable the Watch library diretory (see screenshot)

I would expect it to only watch the folders I imported, but it seems to pull in everything on my HD

RoosterHam
November 26th, 2012, 08:24 AM
shotwellLib is a subdir in your ~/? (my experience of shotwell has been exactly as you assume it should be, so my train of thought is way out there with this one...)

lister171254
November 26th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Yep. So not sure why it works for you but not for me

Just went back in and enable to watch the library. Mind you, that subdir is empty

eric-yorba
November 26th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Shotwell has a bug where if your library photo can't be found, it looks in the parent folder. So if there's some kind of issue accessing that folder (path is incorrect, permissions are set wrong, etc.) then it may be looking in a parent folder.

Shuudoushi
November 26th, 2012, 08:45 PM
You should also make sure there isn't a typo in the path. I made the very noobie mistake of having a simple typo in the path names and it drove me crazy for a week >.>