PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Activities screen with Axe Menu?

Sparrow40k
November 25th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Hey every one, I'm fairly new to Linux, Gnome and it all but I’m starting to get the hang of it all but to my question...

I know when you click or move your mouse to the top left corner of the "Activities" button you get the full screen nice application start thingy.. I like it and all but recently I came across "Axe Menu (https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/327/axe-menu/)". Now what I want to do is how can I code or anything to make it so when I click "Activates" I get the Axe Menu but if I don't click anything and go to the top left corner of it I get the current full screen thing?

I am running Ubuntu 12.10 (64 Bit) with Gnome 3.6 and havn't actually installed Axe Menu at all yet, that is also partially because it is not compatible with my version of Gnome but I know how to manually add it.

Any help would be awesome!
Thank you.

jingaling
December 28th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Axe Menu isn't compatible with Gnome 3.6 so you won't be able to use it. Another alternative is Cardapio but that currentlyisn't compatible either.

Hopefully the latter will be updated soon.

bluheron1
December 29th, 2012, 02:13 PM
You can install axe menu in 12.10. I have it working in gnome remix 12.10. If you go to gnome shell extensions, and type axe menu in search, then read user comments, and follow their instructions to get it working. Personally I don't use the activities button. I have the axe menu in top left corner of the panel, and if I move the cursor all the way to top left corner,past axe menu,I get the activities screen. Hope that helps.